“Cozy and clean.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chisun Inn Karuizawa
Kanagawa
“Cozy and clean.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family stayed here for my sister's wedding and we all had a great time here. The rooms are simple and comfortable, and it was always very clean. Breakfast is mostly Japanese with some western foods as well; I liked both and the quality was good. The distance from the station/places of interest is not bad if you have a car. If you like walking, it's not too far to walk to the station either and it's a peaceful walk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa and thank you again for your valuable comments, such as the breakfast.
We will keep efforts to insure customer satisfaction and are looking forward to your staying here again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My room was clean and could accommodate 3 people. It was also equipped with all the basic necessities. Breakfast is available at only 500 yen. Staff were courteous and helpful. Also, kudos to the inn for providing free lunch for people who were stranded due to the massive snow on 15 Feb 14

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Rachmeow16
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa.
Thank you again for your useful contribution comment.
Karuizawa is really cold in this season, but In the summer, Karuizawa is livelier than winter.
Many people come to Karuizawa, because here is cool and comfortable weather in the summer.
If you have a chance to come Karuizawa, we would like you to stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa again.”
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I and my family were there early this year. The hotel is kinda value for money in my opinion in terms of service, cleanliness, and location.
Yes, the hotel location may be a bit distance from the station and along the way there is nothing at all to catch your interest. However, taxi is available and not so costly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Petcharat S
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa.

Thank you again for your useful contribution comment.

We will keep efforts to insure customer satisfaction.

We are looking forward to your staying here again
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was prepared to do alot of walking in Karuizawa so I didn't mind the 2.5km distance between Chisun Inn and Karuizawa Station, which is the center of town and where the complementary bus to the Hoshino area departed.

The breakfast buffet (500 yen per person) is only marginally better than the complimentary breakfast at Toyoko Inn. Paying 9000 yen for my room, I thought breakfast should have been included. The room was comfortable if you're used to business hotel sized rooms in Japan. The unit bath was noticably more spacious than what you would find in a Toyoko Inn. I slept well.

Because Karuizawa is a vacation destination, a premium was to be expected. I was surprised that I wasn't able to find more business hotel chains in Karuizawa. Based on my budget, Chisun Inn was basically the default choice due to the lack of other options. Having said that, I felt the product was worth the price paid, and I would recommend this hotel to people who want to experience Karuizawa without paying the rates at the Prince properties, which will easily be more than double what it would cost to stay at Chisun Inn.

By the way, I went to Karuizawa via bus from Tokyo, and Prince Hotel West (as opposed to Karuizawa Station) was the closest drop-off point from Chisun Inn (~1km walk).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Botayone
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa.

Thank you again for having a breakfast.

In the summer, Karuizawa is livelier than winter.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

The room I stayed had a strange pee smell in the toilet. Not sure if there is a problem of the sewage system. Other than this, the hotel is quite good. Although it is not located next to a train station or near Karuizawa Ginza Street, it is not at all a problem for us as we rented a car.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa and thank you again for your useful contribution comment.

We apologize that you have to feel uncomfortable because of the nasty smell of toilets.

We will examine the cause, and make efforts for improvement.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

Booked 2 nights at the Inn in Dec 2012 cos Prince Hotel was way over our budget! Basic hotel, no frills but met our need, which is simple! We just needed a comfortable bed for the 2 nights we were at Karuizawa.
The Inn was a 30 mins walk from the Karuizawa station. Alternatively you can take the Bus no. 4 from in front of Karuizawa station. Stop at Narusawa, and walk for another 10 mins. Taxi apparently costs 1200 Yen from Karuizawa. We walked all the time cos we were not in a hurry and the walks were pleasant!
We took a room with double bed and a loft bed. Enough for my family of 4, children ages 8 and 10. Floor space is very limited, there was no space to open up our luggage, so we had to be creative in maximizing the space!
The Inn provided yukatas, toothbrushes, towels. You could request for kettle, iron from the reception.
Breakfast was simple at 500 Yens for each adult. Rice, miso soup, eggs, Chinese noodles, salads and toasts and buns. Really simple but again met our needs. No other restaurants available so we usually had our lunches and dinners before we went back to the Inn.
Unlimited movies at 1000 yen per day, which was useful to keep the children entertained at night!
I would go back again should I want to stay in Karuizawa. We paid like US$100 per night, we booked thro Expedia!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Khalid8
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
“Thank you for your stay at Chisun Inn Karuizawa.

Thank you again for having a breakfast.

Karuizawa is really cold in this season, but Prince hotel ski resort is near (10min by car) so good for skiing.

In the summer, Karuizawa is livelier than winter.

千葉
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Karuizawa is a popular sightseeing area. Many people came to here to ski, play tennis, hike and play golf all year. There are famous outlet stores and many restaurants near the hotel. It takes only five minutes by car from Karuizawa station. Also, it takes seventeen minutes by car from Usui Karuizawa interchange. The hotel is in a two-story and Western-style building and there are only ninety rooms. It was built in 2009.

I stayed in a double room with my family. There were double beds and a loft in a small room. I felt a little oppressed in the room and also it was difficult to make myself at home like it was a no-frills hotel. The room was not so sensational but not bad. It was well cared for. Amenities in the room were minimum, and there was only toothbrush. You can borrow a pot, a humidifier and a bathrobe from the front desk. Breakfast cost only five hundred yen, and the menu was steaming rice that uses Koshihikari and dried strips of radish and various other foods, but the miso soup was instant. I can say it is economical. These were not unusual and interesting tastes; only ordinary tastes. The staff all worked closely together to deal with guests, so when I checked out of the hotel, I had to just put my room card into a box. No one greeted me. Service was good though it was a little lonely at that time. There is a free parking area and this is useful for guests who come by car.

All things that this hotel provides us are simple and minimum. I request this hotel to have a large room and equip each room with bathrobes. I could go to the famous outlet stores that are near the hotel easily by renting a bicycle. In the hotel, there are no restaurants. When it was time for lunch and dinner, we had two go to a restaurant by car or bicycle. The bathtub was comparatively big, so we could relax just in the bathtub.

If you require perfect service and gorgeous room for relaxing, this hotel is not suited for you to grant your request. This hotel provides us with minimum service such as the room in which we can sleep and have a common breakfast. Before you make a reservation of this hotel, you need to accept that there are no extras in this hotel.

Around the hotel, there are a lot of sightseeing spots. For example, the Shiraito Falls, Onioshidashi which is art of lava and Mt. Asama which is a symbol of Karuizawa. The natural environment has been preserved in this area, therefore you can enjoy the wonderful natural views and relax. Karuizawa is a fashionable place, so many people use resort hotels. These are also fashionable, but expensive. If you want to go shopping and buy many things, Chisun in Karuizawa is suitable to economize your money. Though you need to know why this hotel has cheap prices, I recommend you to stay at this hotel. It helps you to enjoy your journey.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mk199437
hashimoto70, マネージャー at Chisun Inn Karuizawa, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you very much for using this hotel lately.

I am very glad for popularity to obtain on a visitor.

If there is an opportunity, please use this hotel again.
I am waiting for next use from staff all the persons concerned and the heart.