Days Inn King City
Quality Inn(King City)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesarrived lategranite wallsafter hoursfree breakfast in the lobbyone night staysan diegonice stayfront officewater pressure in the showeryoung manoff the highwayhotel roomwaffle makerfridge and microwavedennys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here in mid-June 1 night while on a motorcycle trip. You don't have a lot of options in King City, but this is one of the better ones (if not the best). My friend and I each got our own room, since the price was so good. The inn is decently clean, a little old, but comfortable. The rooms are spacious enough, except the bathrooms, which are a little on the small side. There is a small pool and a sitting area out front. We didn't use these, but they looked inviting. The manager was very friendly and helpful about local sites and places to eat.

The only real beef I have is that the walls seem to be paper-thin. The inn was full during my stay and after midnight, I could hear my next door neighbor''s TV. On top of that, there was a little league team staying here along with all their parents. They decided to have a parking lot party until about 3 am. Again, I could hear all of it. It would have been nice if the manager had enforced quiet time.

All told, this was a decent place for one night. I would stay there again as a stopover. Note, the price includes continental breakfast served in the lobby. I didn't eat there since there was a Denny's half a block away. I would rather pay a little for a decent breakfast than partake in a questionable one for free.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry about the noise from the parking lot. Noise from other guests can be an issue. If the noise makes you uncomfortable then we will give you a room away from the noise. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconveinence.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stopped here for one night during the Memorial Day weekend. Didn't have a reservation, but got a very nice and spacious king bed suite for less than $100 (while other places asked twice the price for much smaller standard rooms during this busy weekend). Rooms are new and clean. The breakfast was much better than usual motel breakfasts, including fruit and hard-boiled eggs. Worth stopping if traveling highway 101.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Wave T
bob a, General Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for staying here and we hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My company is working down at Fort Hunter Liggett and we've been using this hotel for the past month. They have affordable, clean suites that have been very accommodating for our week long visits. The rooms are always fresh, the front desk is always nice and location is perfect. We've had parts delivered to us there, and they never hesitate to call as soon as they arrive. They've worked will our accounts receivable department to ensure proper paperwork is being completed and the entire staff is friendly. If you are looking for a clean room, comfortable bed and friendly smile while in King City, this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tabitha D
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed here this past weekend and had a very unpleasant experience with the manager. I saw a bunch of hairs in the bath tub and reported it to the front desk. Immediately, the woman who worked there denied that I saw hairs and refused to be of any assistance. I gave up and we finished our conversation. A couple of minutes later, there was a knock at the door. I was a little scared by this seeing as to how it was almost midnight. It was the manager himself who wanted to come in and take a look to see if there was hair in the tub. My boyfriend and I let him in and once he looked, he immediately acted like he didn't see any hair. My boyfriend specifically pointed out each hair to him, and he responded by saying they were scratches, not hair. At this point, he was saying something like "get out, get out, you're going to have to move to another room". I sensed that he was getting angry so rather than have this situation escalate, my boyfriend and I offered to clean the bath tub ourselves and have this situation be done with. Apparently, he didn't like this idea so he offered to then clean it, which he did. At this point, I was already feeling uneasy about this guy so I suggested to my boyfriend that we wait outside of the room while he "cleaned" in case he was going to get even more angry. Once he finished cleaning, he left. I was a little angry that he had treated us this way, so I closed the door a little harder than usual but not with a whole lot of force. He immediately turned around, knocked on our door and said "open the door, open the door, if you're going to slam the door, you guys need to get out and i will charge you $500 for the deposit if you damage anything" and then he left. This made me extremely scared since I had no idea what this guy was capable of. He left us alone after that, but the next morning, when we went to get the complimentary breakfast, he told us that the maid was ready to clean our room. We had no idea if anyone working there was going to mess with our belongings, so we politely declined a cleaning. The guy almost wouldn't let us decline as he asked us a few more times if we were sure. Then, the next day, after we went to check out, the guy didn't give us a receipt saying that we had checked out, etc., which I thought was pretty standard for a hotel to do. Also, he immediately went up to our room within seconds of us checking out....Super creepy. Stay away from this hotel, please please!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvience and will try to fix any problems you stated regarding our property.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We Left San Diego at 5pm. on Sat, night with no hotel reservation. Had to drive all the way to King City after finding out there were no hotels in Santa Barbra. A late night motel clerk called ahead for us seeing we were exausted. The only room he had left was a suite for $300.00 a night he gave it to us for $89.00 and let us sleep in till 1pm. Beautiful room, great decor, excellent service. The Man who runs this hotel will take care of you. A wonderful thing to know being a woman and traveling alone with my 14yr. old daughter on a long lonely road. I highly recommend this place if you have to stay in King City!

Room Tip: One room has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
bob a, Manager at Days Inn King City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business. Hope you stay with us again soon.