“Fun to eat stuff you don't just get every day!”
Review of V's Diner

V's Diner
Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in King City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I've eaten at this diner once before and thought it was kind of over-priced. However, I've changed my opinion on it after this last visit. It's not going to be for everyone, but if you're someone who enjoys the rare-occasion liver and onions or country fried steak...by all means, give it a go. KIDS EAT FREE ON FRIDAY! My son got country fried steak and mashed potatoes (free). He also had my clam chowder starter. I got the liver and onions which was done perfectly with bacon (the side veggies were definitely the frozen variety). The portions are WAY too big...I boxed up 1 liver steak and 1/2 of the country fried and it was still a man-sized meal. Good idea to split a meal if you're traveling as a family. The decor is good old-fashioned diner...turquoise shiny counter seating plus booths. Definitely old-school fun.

3  Thank ClawMarks

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I went here a few years ago while travelling South and had a good dinner--meat loaf, mashed potatoes and salad. They had added oats and carrot to the meat loaf, which was very good, giving it a nice texture and flavor. The potatoes were house-made, not out of a box. The salad bar is very basic but the limited offerings were fresh. It sure beats Denny's any day!

3  Thank NativeCalGal
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised. Greeted warmly. Ordered Taco Salad. Expecting it to be just ok but it was GREAT. Would definitely come back!!

3  Thank Threeblacklabs
Reviewed 6 May 2012

What a cool place. The sign on the outside is not the restaurant inside. They do all meals all day, that's always nice. Vern chose breakfast while I was ready for lunch, he had an omelet and I chose a chef's salad. Look at that meal, does that say enough? Yes, it does. If you're hungry in King City, give it a shot. They're worthy.

1  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Interior very much like the traditional 50's diner (well to my mind anyway) - good service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and the Blueberry French Toast I had for breakfast kept me going most of the day. Good value. Easy to reach from Hw. 101.

2  Thank rxpell

Been to V's Diner? Share your experiences!