“You want authentic? Start here.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kent, Washington
“You want authentic? Start here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

A shift in travel plans led us to King City for lunch, and thanks to Trip Advisor we found Lugarcito. The "excellent" rank here is purely for the mix of service, food, thrift, and speed. The menu is limited, but both the carne asada burrito and the tacos el pastor were prepared in minutes, beautifully seasoned, and filling. The homemade rice and beans were a step above average fare, and with some of the house salsa (wet and smoky and spicy) mixed in and some pickled vegetables it was a GREAT road meal. It kept us going to Monterey -- and we went the slow way, through Jolon, over Naciemento-Fergusson Pass, and up Highway 1 through Big Sur. Not sure when I'll be back in King City, but if that does happen I know where I'm having lunch at!

• Visited July 2012

San Jose, California
“Great mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stopped by here on a way home from a trip because we were literally starving and there wasn't much along the highway. Decided for this place based on the reviews on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. Food was really flavorful and spicy and despite the fact we came 1/2 an hour before closing time, service was great. No healthy option to refried beans though..

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marina del Rey, California
“Can't wait to get there...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

...to celebrate my very special B-Day...am now officially a senior and love Mex food and the best.

Visited June 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“This Mexican Restaurant is a Local Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Early June, we started our wine tour out of Santa Barbara. We had to drive past King City and wanted to have a Mexican lunch. Went on Tripadvisor and found this one ranked #1 so we went there.

Everything about this place is original. Meaning they're a simple Mexican Restaurant making basic Mexican food, served by locals. Yes Spanish is the primary language here. I don't think they even know what Tripadvisor is or what they're ranking is. They simply make very good, very tasty, very fresh Mexican food.

We absolutely loved it. The Carnitas were done to perfection. Rice and beans (I grew up on them but made PR style) were excellent and yest there was lettuce and tomato to finish it up.

Our group is very fussy so the only thing we could complain about is that you'll have to live with the fans and no air conditioner. It was hot but we all got thru it and enjoyed a great little find.

If

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Harry M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

This place is amazing!!!

My dad took me here first and now I take everybody else. I would recommend the enchiladas or nachos.

Always great for kids too!

I can't remember but I think they have a discount night as well.