“Very clean - basic”
Review of Keefer's Inn

Keefer's Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here when attending a convention in King City. The room was very clean, rather basic and nondescript - parking is right next to the room. The night clerk was friendly and recommended a good place for breakfast.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Keefer's Inn

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I chose this motel based on the reviews and found it to be an excellent place to stay. Hubby checked in and yes he did say the gentleman behind the desk did not appear the most congenial of people.There was instruction of the TV remote ! Later however I had reason to see him to ask for the wifi password and we had a nice chat about the beautiful roses growing on the property.
The room was comfortable and clean, a good bed. Flat screen TV, frig, microwave, iron, coffee and hairdryer.
Location is just off the freeway but I found it quiet. There is a restaurant just across the parking lot and some fast food joints close by. We did not eat breakfast there but it appeared to be coffee, danish and cereal.
The motel is situated next to a residential area so if you need a bit of exercise after driving all day there is about a 15 minute loop around the houses. Left out of the motel to the end of Canal St and left on Rio Vista and it brings you back to Canal St.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank hornbeamVal
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We checked in very late (11pm) on a Friday evening. Front desk person was rude, sharp and seemed very annoyed. Was shown a TV remote and was given instructions on how to operate "Off/On Volume Up/down" then was told to not touch a certain button. When I went to look closer the front desk person shushed me away and began to explain his rules to my husband then hands the TV remote, which we took back to our room. We found it rather odd that we would be given at TV remote at check-in.
The room was large and appeared to be clean. When I pulled the bed cover down, the blanket on my side of the bed had a rather large tear (7-8") in it. It was very thin and warn out. It was chilly in the room and we could not get the heater to work, it ran but continually blew cold air. It being very late and having just dealt with the rude man, we chose to stay warm by sleeping in our sweatshirts/sweatpants.
The "Continental Breakfast" - well let's just say didn't look appealing at all. The motel would be better off doing away with it.
The Jacuzzi was nice to enjoy after a long tiring day of hiking in the Pinnacles NP.
When I went to check out, I brought the TV remote with me to turn in. Immediately the front desk person (same one that checked us in) began yelling at me for bringing the remote to him. I was trying to be polite and said that I would take it back to the room but since he gave it to us at check-in I thought I needed to turn it back in. He adamantly claimed he did no such thing. Then when my husband walked in, he began yelling at him.
I will never stay at Keefer's again not because of the room quality, because the front desk person was rude and not hospitable at all.

Room Tip: Good Luck with the Crazy Counter Person!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ScubaBubbles06
jmilly, Manager at Keefer's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We have Direct Tv in all rooms, So channel are changed on Sat Box and not on TV.
Most of the people change the remote from Sat mode to TV mode and than change the HDMI mode to regular TV channel and than TV screen will be blank and No Signal sign.
So when they come for Check in. We do instruct them how to use the remote. sor which we have a demo Remote in Office.
When she came to Check out her husband came behind her with a bad mood with a remote.
So I just said that this remote belong to the room that's all and he got upset and used the bad language. I didn't said anything. so when she left she said something also.
What I was suppose to laugh at his comment or what?

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Friendly staff, family owned & operated.Large, comfortable rooms and beds. Mini-fridge and microwave in each room. Our third stay, and place of choice when going down the 101. The breakfast is continental, but fine for a quick bite.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Egret19
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This is such an amazing find! We got a comfortable king bed in a nice size room. With a mini fridge & microwave. It was very clean and quiet. Lastly, it had a brand new flat screen with 500 channels. I would recommend this to anyone on the road that needs a cute place to stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stopped in King City because we were tired and Keefer's Inn was the first place we came to. We couldn't have asked for more. Reception was great. Our room was large with a very comfortable bed. Everything was clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed there for the third time and had a great experience. The lady at the front is very nice and the rooms are just right for a couple of nights. The showers have decent water pressure. The pillow count is a bit low (only four) but they were the good kind to bunch and crash on.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Keefer's Inn? Share your experiences!