“Beautifully appointed, clean and well managed small motel.”
Review of Keefer's Inn

Keefer's Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in King City
Summerland, California
“Beautifully appointed, clean and well managed small motel.”
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Having stopped at Keefer's Restaurant for many years, when I needed to take a break in a long drive I thought I would try out the motel next door, by the same name. I was delighted to find a beautifully appointed, clean, friendly and very well managed establishment. The service was excellent and my room could not have been more comfortable and quiet. The family who manages Keefer's Inn does a great job, and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank passport93

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My wife was looking for an inexpensive and simple, yet comfortable, place to stay on the road between Los Angeles and Santa Cruz. Her choice of Keefer's Inn turned out to be an excellent one. This is not a fancy property in any way, but the hosts (a husband a wife) are exceptionally friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, the free internet was faster than many fancy hotels, and a simple continental breakfast was included. All of this for a cost similar to Motel 6.

We would definitely stay at Keefer's Inn again and will recommend it to others seeking good value and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FreqBusTrvlr
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Four adult members of my family needed a place to stay in or around King City. This in order to make an early morning meeting at Soledad. Paso Robles (we had stayed at the Black Oak Inn four years ago) placed us to far for us to be assured of making our meeting. Knowing nothing of any hotel/motel in the area and having spent much time reading reviews, I opted for the Keefers Inn. It was a very good decision.
The owners, Deep and Sima, were very gracious hosts. The rooms were very well equiped, clean and they were very helpful to us. I would have absolutely no question of placing future reservations with them and wish those persons such as I, looking for a place to stay in an unfamiliar place, by all means try this place out.
It is a motel, not a Hilton, but clean, easy access to the highway, nicely furnished, pedistal bathroom sinks, hair dryers, very comfortable beds and in room coffeemakers. Flat screen TV, HBO and our room had a small sofa coffee table and guest chair. There is a pool and room heaters/AC, neither of which we used. I would have liked to have eaten at the restaurant (Lawrence) but our arrival and departure did not allow for it.
Al in all, while I'd like to give this a 5 star, unfortunately the best I can manage is 4 and 5/8. The night of our stay, the coke machine was on the fritz.. King City is dark by 9 P. M. When you just have to have a a cold soda and nothing else will do, you could be in for a long drive. So, Deep, get off the computer playing solitair or whatever else your doing and make an appointment with the vending machine repair man! After all, Sima can't do everything. Thank you both for a very pleasant stay. from rooms 24 and 23.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank sisyphusstilltrying
Louisiana
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I recently stayed at this quaint Inn/Motel for about a week for business. As far as I am concerned this is the best place to stay in King City. I have to stay in King City for a week at a time every couple of months and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The owners are very friendly and helpful whenever you ask for something. I, being a young female traveling by myself , feel safe here. The owners even made me some scrumptious somasos one day ( its a traditional finger food from india).The rooms are clean and the beds are really comfy. Each room has a flat screen t.v., microwave, refrig, and desk. They will also loan you a dvd player if you request one. The pool is nice , but the hot tub makes it even better for those long travel days. I know on most sites this Inn/Motel is rated as a 2 star, but in my book its way better than most 3 star hotels I've stayed at. So if you are driving down 101 and need a place to rest your head look no further!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank advidwinetraveler
jmilly, Manager at Keefer's Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
Thanks for your stay here. Since we have nice customer like you, We are able to keep our service level high. thanks for staying with us.
Arcata, California
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We were driving up from San Luis Obispo over labor day weekend only to find every hotel along hwy 101 completely full. Looking for almost anyplace to stay we stumbled upon Keefer's Inn. We were completely surprised to find not only a decent rate, but some nice rooms as well. Nothing fancy by any means, but all the basics: Clean sheets, Nice Bathroom. Good size mini fridge and High Def satellite TV was a plus too. A whole lot nicer than a motel 6, more what you would expect from a mid-level best western type hotel chain, but a little cheaper and local. If I'm headed down 101 this way, I would certainly stop here again.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank crackvan
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My Husband and I were on a road trip and expected to find a hotel that was less than desirable for a holiday weekend with no notice. We stumbled in on Keefer's Inn, referred to us by a different hotel a few miles away. It was late, we were tired and cranky. When we got there, we were warmly welcomed by Seema, the manager. She was so nice and sweet, our moods instantly changed from bad to good. Our room was spotless, and clean. The beds were comfy. The room came with a fridge and a microwave and the price was better than we could have hoped for on such short notice. Our only regret is that we got in so late and had to leave so early the next morning, we wished we could have stayed longer and relaxed a bit. We normally both have trouble sleeping away from home, and this time, we both slept so well. We've stayed at all different levels of hotel over the years, and I must say the customer service that Seema gave us, outdoes them all! Any future road trips in the area, we will definitely stay at Keefer's. Thank you so much!

To Seema: Stop by the Winchester house. It was nice ;-)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The inn is a good fit for King City. The room was well taken care of and the staff is really helpful. The manager even came out to the pool during the evening to ensure we were enjoying our stay and to see if we needed anything. Although I have not been to any of the other hotels in King City I highly recommend the Keefer Inn. It's right next to the highway and just down the street from whatever basic shopping you may need to do. A great stay overall.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in King City
Motel 6 King City
Motel 6 King City
#5 of 7 in King City

Been to Keefer's Inn? Share your experiences!