“Good value motel”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in King City
Aberdeen
“Good value motel”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellent value. Located just off Highway 101, easy to find, but not too close to be noisy. Its a value Motel, not a palace and is exactly what I expected. Ideal for an overnight stop. Room clean. Bathroom could have done with some touch up / revamp. Fridge in room was noisy so I had to unplug it. Liked the free Wi-fi which worked well. Right next door there's the CHP station, a diner (V's Diner), fast food outlets, a gas station where you can gas up before setting off on the next leg of your trip! I arrived from the North on 25 having driven down from the Bay Area and spent the day at Pinnacles National Monument. This would be a good base for a trip to Pinnacles NM.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Besides outstanding low rates the place is nicely situated off of hwy 101 close to a McDonalds and a Starbucks. The young man who helped us when we checked in quite late (11:00PM) was polite and very helpfull. Rooms are typical Motel 6 , only a bit cleaner and the place is fairly quiet as it is well off the hwy. Nearby Mickey-D's and Starbucks are a bonus for the morning Cup-o-Jo,

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Twentynine Palms
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I've stayed at this motel on two occasions in the last month. The girl at the reception desk was extremely friendly and efficient, as is the owner's family. The room that I was in had a NEW MATTRESS and the other rooms had new mattresses being installed. The rooms are also better insulated than many low cost motels that I've stayed in; the occupants in the rooms on either side of me couldn't be heard unless they stepped outside to their vehicles. It is located next to the freeway, but noise is not bad, especially if you don't face the freeway. It is next to the CHP station and that tends to keep criminals away. The room had been freshly painted, the bathroom was clean, except for a little mold on the shower door. The rooms have central AC and is quieter than the room AC's at most motels. I got a special online value of $41 for my room, which was fantastic when you consider the room had a fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: The pillows were not new, so they were a little flat. Bring your own fluffy pillow for even a bette...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank LEDETCoastie
Clovis, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is seriously dirty in the room. The carpet is sticky, there is a bad smell, and I killed 3 spiders in my bed. Then I made the mistake of pulling the bed away from the wall a little bit to look for a spider nest and what I saw was even worse. The edges of the room have NEVER been cleaned. It was terrible! It is the first time ever that I almost drove home in the middle of the night. It was so bad, that every time my 6 year old sees any motel 6 he says "we aren't staying there are we....it's egscusting."

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jimmyno2
Bakersfield
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have stayed at various Motel 6 lodges throughout the state and at a minimum, they have been clean. I was disappointed when I entered my room and found hair and dirt on the blankets and pillows. To top off my disappointment, I attempted to turn on the A/C and of course it did not work. I went to the office and requested another room and the clerk said that she would send someone over to fix it. A few minutes later, this kid who spoke broken english enters the room, removes the A/C filter and begins working on something inside the ceiling. A few minutes later, the A/C begins working and the kid leaves. Later that evening, the temperature outside drops and the room begins to get cold. So I wake up and attempt to turn on the heat. And of course, no heat. I called the office once again and told them that the heater is now not working. Another kid comes by, removes the filter and begins working in the ceiling. The heat begins working and the kid leaves. It is now approximately 1:00 AM and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to waking up at 5:00 AM to check out and never return. To say the least, it was a long night. I have learned that it's worth paying a little more for a room just for the peace of mind of not having to deal with dirt and maintenance issues.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JJTBakersfield
Paradise, California
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Very basic ammenities. Stiff bed, flat pillows. It also backs up to a trailer park which we first found a little shady until we realized we were about 50 feet away from the Police Department. It was pretty cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'd advise you to bring your own pillow and some shampoo (we washed our hair with soap)

If you want to stay somewhere cheap - this is decent. Don't expect too much.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Subterranean44
So Cal
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Tiny room, uncomfortable bed, lumpy pillows, but very clean. Quiet. Internet service unreliable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Motel 6 King City? Share your experiences!