“Average Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 King City

Motel 6 King City
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent a night there during our Labor Day weekend in Big Sur. It really was out of our way but it was the only available (reasonably priced) motel in the area.

This is an "average" Motel 6 in terms of cleanliness, bed quality and service.

The price was about $55 per night, not including taxes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 King City

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent two nights at this Motel 6. The first non-smoking room we were assigned smelled like smoke, but we were able to get a new room quickly. With more amenities than expected, our room had a fridge, microwave, and soap, but no shampoo and limited towels. The bed was firm, but not too hard.

We usually stay at a different hotel chain, but when we tried to book online, the prices there were much more expensive than the Motel 6. This is a good, solid place to lay your head for the night.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We have just got back from 9 weeks in the USA, our kids did a joke awards night on our last night and this hotel got the award for the best wi fi. We stayed at a lot of hotels, from 2 star to 5. The room was comfy, from memory it cost about $50US. We we just about t he only ones in the hotel, and there restaurants across the street. The police station is next door. Good value

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I wound up in King City on the way to Monterey and needed a room. Was able to get one here pretty late around 11pm. This was an affordable room - clean and suited my needs.Only 1 Ice machine and vending machine (with cheez-its) in the lobby. I have to say the heater worked very well and very quickly. It was cold when I arrived and the room really warmed up. Overall was very pleased with the stay - safe area and simple inside but did the trick. I have to say it was pretty busy in King CIty on that tuesday night. Couldn't get a room anywhere else. Don't know what's up with that.

Room Tip: 107 has a good location
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2012

For many years, we have chosen this hotel due to it's friendly staff, room cleanliness and great price. The rooms are even better now since they have been remodeled recently, with flat screen TVs and no more smelly carpet floor.
One thing that I dislike about this hotel is that they permit a lot of their guests, who are construction workers, to drink outside of their rooms late in the night. They make a lot of noise and create an unsafe atmosphere for those of us who are traveling with our families, specially when want to use the pool but we can't because drunk people are always around the pool and in the parking lot.
Motel 6 staff, pay closer attention to your guest's behaviors.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I made reservations (3) weeks ago for (2) rooms. The rooms were to be connecting as I am a QUADRIPLEGIC IN A WHEEL CHAIR. I was very specific that I needed a HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOM WITH A ROLLING SHOWER. My reservation was confirmed by Nick the manager and just to be sure, I called the day before I left to re-confirm, again very specific about the type of room I needed. I was told if I arrived before 6:00 pm, they would hold my room. I arrived on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 4:00 pm, along with the other (3) people in my group.
They said there were only (2) handicap accessible rooms and NONE WERE AVAILABLE FOR ME. One was being rented by the week and they said they did not know when they would vacate when they took my reservation. The other room was given to someone else that day. The girl working the desk was very helpful, but Bob her supervisor was not. Bob did not apologize; offer to find us another hotel or to compensate us in any way. Bob did offer us another room but it was not handicap accessible. BOB HAD THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, offering no solutions and really his attitude told you that he did not care if we had a room to stay in or not. We ended up driving 80 miles to Pismo Beach and checked into the Embassy Suites. I had reservations there for the next night, but the Embassy Suites was sympathetic to our predicament and were able to accommodate us for both nights.
Before writing this review, I called Nick the Hotel Manager just to make sure I had the story straight as he was not on duty yesterday, although he did take my original reservation (3) weeks ago. He apologized and said that they were very busy. I told him it was not acceptable to take my reservations for someone who was handicap and needed a specific room. I will never stay at this Motel 6 again, and am not sure I would stay at any Motel 6 Hotels. I travel extensively and because of my handicap, I always make my reservations way in advance and am always specific as to my requirements. I have never had this happed to me and can't beleive a large chain hotel such as Motel 6 would allow this to happen.

Room Tip: DON'T BE SURPRISED if you make reservations in advance, show up and find out that they don't...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SD95127
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Excellent value. Located just off Highway 101, easy to find, but not too close to be noisy. Its a value Motel, not a palace and is exactly what I expected. Ideal for an overnight stop. Room clean. Bathroom could have done with some touch up / revamp. Fridge in room was noisy so I had to unplug it. Liked the free Wi-fi which worked well. Right next door there's the CHP station, a diner (V's Diner), fast food outlets, a gas station where you can gas up before setting off on the next leg of your trip! I arrived from the North on 25 having driven down from the Bay Area and spent the day at Pinnacles National Monument. This would be a good base for a trip to Pinnacles NM.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Motel 6 King City? Share your experiences!