“Sufficient”
Review of Motel 6 King City

Motel 6 King City
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in King City
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed their for three nights. It was very good for the price. With a military discount for myself, the room was $48 per night. The staff was always friendly. The swimming pool was kept cleam. They did have a lot of contruction tradesmen staying their, but that's common at Motel 6.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's not on the "Highway side", there's a lot of noise on that...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan T

Reviewed 20 May 2014

i been to many motel 6 but this is very nice. Family run the business very friendly staff. great price great value rooms with flat screen n fridge/micro upon request. Location is great restaurant within walking distance

Room Tip: room with flat screen if available
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank brian h
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am a fan of Motel 6 for their generally good value for money and also that I can always bring my Golden Retriever with me when I travel. There are some good ones, some mediocre ones, and some real bad ones. This one is BAD. STAY AWAY! My husband and I stayed here in August 2013 on the way up the 101 to spend time in the Napa Valley. We stayed in Motel 6 all the way for two weeks with our dog and the other three were really good, San Luis Obispo South, Monterey Marina, and Fairfield (Central Place). (See other reviews, if interested.) This one in King City was terrible. The room was filthy...toilet was so dirty, including the seat, I refused to sit on it. Floor was dirty and covered with God knows what! Drapes filthy. Just all dirty! It was late, we were exhausted and, after examining the bed to make sure there was no "creatures" lurking, we just climbed into bed. We would not even open our cases for fear of leaving with more than we came with! The next morning we could not wait to leave and did not even use the shower as it was disgusting. We did not ask for change of a room or complain to the front desk because it was late, this was the only one on the "quiet" side of the motel away from freeway noise, and also because from the attitude of the guy in reception we felt that we would not get much satisfaction anyway. Do not even bother to come here. Drive a little further or go to another hotel chain!! I would never stay here again....or recommend this place to anyone. I called the Corporate Office to complain, but never heard anything back.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldenSong
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Taking into account the excellent price, the clean well furnished room and the check-in ease, I am sure that this is the best Motel 6 I have ever stayed at. I will return to this location in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I gave this motel 6 a higher rating almost a year ago, and now I have to drop the rating because I can see that things have changed so much in such a short time. The rooms are more dirty, the microwaves or minifridges won't work and the toilet doesn't flush properly. But the worst part is that the entire staff like to turn on blind eyes to what the guests do OUTSIDE of their rooms. As in now, there's a PARTY going on. People are drinking and making such a racket, and no one is trying to stop them. I mean, seriously?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed at this Hotel July 4 to the 6, 2013 to get our dogs out of town due to fireworks. It was a decent room with a mini-fridge and microwave. You usually don't see these in a Motel 6 so that was a plus. We stayed in a Queen, non-smoking at the back of the Hotel. Nothing to really complain about but it was a great starting point for exploring. We drove through the smaller Vineyards in the area. We also visited The Mission of San Antonio Padua. Even if you are not Catholic this is a must see. A little off the beaten track through an Army base but the trip is worth it. These old buildings need to be preserved for posterity sake, without a doubt. We visited Lake Cachuma and Santa Ynez.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent a night there during our Labor Day weekend in Big Sur. It really was out of our way but it was the only available (reasonably priced) motel in the area.

This is an "average" Motel 6 in terms of cleanliness, bed quality and service.

The price was about $55 per night, not including taxes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Soledad
No photo provided
Fireside Inn
#1 of 1 in King City

Been to Motel 6 King City? Share your experiences!