“We liked it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kings Beach
Tahoe City, California
“We liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is just right. It had exactly what was required for my husband and I.

The price was perfect I would stay choose it again and again. I was even able to do laundry eat walked around visited Tahoe City, Crystal Bay and Incline. The lake was very near.

We’ll stay again because is in down town KB and State Line 28, Nv.

Thank you.

Do not judge. :)

Room Tip: The price is right for any room of your choosing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Judging by the online reviews, we were sure this was the worst hotel in the world. Turns out it was just a very, very bad dream, but it had a happy ending: we never have to go here again. We were one of two guest parties. The other may have been window dressing. The worst part: most of the accommodations—linens, pillows, sofa, carpet—seemed to need a good cleaning, this time with soap or detergent. None of it looked or felt too bad, but the scent was a giveaway. Perhaps a few days with the windows open would help. Bed was firm and then some. One of the two TVs was very good, the other not connected to cable. Old-style gas wall heater worked well. Neither of the two ( ! ) bathroom doors would close, seemingly because of over-generous application of paint. Faucets didn't drip, but were difficult to open. The free Wi-Fi didn't seem to agree with my equipment: connected easily, but was restricted to the network. Probably my error. Very pleasant gentleman at the desk advised us to book directly, next time, and we'd save forty percent. As if...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Frank S

Travellers are raving about these Kings Beach hotels

Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Maybe by the Tahoe area standards, the price for this motel may not be bad, but at half the price it is still not worth it. This was probably a very nice place at one time in the past, but it had been allowed to run down hill. Always had to ask for basic's like towels, tissue and even TP. Forget being electronic as in our room there was only 1 3-prone outlet and the bathroom light had to be on for it to be live. I have seen worse, but this place I would not recommend other than being better than a tent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bimster69
san diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel is a dump. First the tiny room to check in is so old and dusty. You could tell it hasn't been cleaned or updated in 20+ years. Then the pool looks like it has a layer of scum on top. Sure enough there is a faded "pool condemned by the health inspector" sign hanging up but conveniently hidden by the gate. So the website has a nice picture of a clean pool but it has clearly been shut down for months. When I asked the manager on duty he said it was "closed for the season"...mind you it is 85 degrees out! Why lie about it when there is a notice on the pool? We decided to check out the rooms first before handing over our cc info and thankfully as the room was TINY and just disgusting looking. I wouldn't stay here for free. I would rather stay in a tent or even sleep in my car over staying here!

Room Tip: Try the Tahoe Inn instead
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 07tungsten
DUBLIN, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed during August, there were no other rooms available and since we were there on a family emergency, we had no choice.

We booked the last two rooms....and because I had stayed here before on another family situation I warned my in laws that we were with that this place is a dump. We had no choice...

The beds are horrible with very scratchy sheets that had rips in them sewed up by hand with black thread....the towels in the bathroom were used and dirty, there was a half a bar of used soap sitting on the shower soap holder....the counters and carpets were stained and the pool looked like a toxic waste dump.

The next day, my sister in law told me that my description of "dump" was giving the place credit.....

I wonder how they get away this with the health department?

I want to give it minus 5 stars...I would if I could! ewww it was nasty!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms.
Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank TERRESA P
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed here last month and I really enjoyed it, good price and nice rooms. The staff was friendly and loved the pool and hot tub. I reccomend it. The rooms are good sizes and my friends and I realy had a god time. There was alos a ping pong table which was really nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank doggy1221
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

A friend had scored us a free room here but we ended up leaving to pay at another hotel. IT WAS THAT BAD! And they don't throw the trash away, just piled it in the garage which made the whole place stink! NASTY

Room Tip: here is a tip...go anywhere else!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Firelite Lodge
Firelite Lodge
#4 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Stevenson's Holliday Inn? Share your experiences!