“Brockway Springs a slice of heaven!”

Brockway Springs Resort
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been going to Brockway Springs for years. It's a secure, gated community with a year round heated pool, sauna all on lake front property. A hidden gem for parents is the lawn area surrounded by the condo's. A safe and secure area for the kids to play while the parents hang out on the patio or join in on the fun.

Management is very friendly, always accommodating and quickly addressed any concerns we have ever had.

This past summer we rented Unit 18, 3 bd w/loft. It was two families with 4 adults & 4 children. This Unit was a standard unit...the carpets, bedding and furniture were all clean. My small children played on the carpets, I had no concerns. As always our stay at Brockway was outstanding. The only issue we had with this unit were the skylights in the twin bedroom & queen bedroom. If they would install shades we'd consider staying in Unit 18 again. There were working televisions in the master bedroom, queen bedroom and living room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at Brockway, in other units, many times. The resort is nice, with a heated hot spring pool and views of the lake, but it's only nice if you stay in an updated unit.

Unit 18 is one of the worst places I've ever stayed, anywhere. It has nasty, dirty carpeting, stained furniture, beds with noisy, plastic mattress covers, no covers on the box springs, old mismatched, thrift shop furniture, dust and dirt in the corners, tacky paintings on the walls that look like they were found on garbage pickup day, not even hung straight.

There's only one very small working TV in the living room; the ancient TV in the master does not work. The carpeting is in such bad need of steam cleaning that the whole condo smelled foul. We were afraid to get undressed to get in bed. This is not an acceptable place to rent to the public.

Our original reservation was for the weekend before, but a snowstorm closed the highway, so we pushed back a week and extended our stay. We switched to this larger 3BR unit and were assured it was as nice as others we had stayed in--what a mistake.

When I explained all the issues and asked the woman at the front desk if we could please switch to a better unit (the website showed 11 were still available). She said there were no units we could move to. I even offered to pay double cleaning fees and an up charge for a nicer unit, but she said that her manager had told her to refuse to move us. Why? Not cool. After years of renting here, they've lost a loyal customer. We will not stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Elissa V
Brockway Spring... R, Rental Manager at Brockway Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I'm truly sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay. All of our condos are individually owned and decorated; therefore, not all condos are the same as they are decorated to the individual owner's personal taste. It is not usually our policy to change reservation dates, however, we decided to make an exception at the time.

Should you ever choose to stay at Brockway again, please bring any unit issues such as the malfunctioning TV and ripped bed-springs cover to our attention and we will try to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Brockway Springs Management

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We arrived at BROCKWAY SPRINGS on 10/18/13 we loved our surroungings and peace and quite. We had a 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths plus a loft. With a laundryroom. And the kitchen was fully loaded with all the things you would want in a kitchen when you go away from home. also there was a fully loaded closet with every game you can thing of. Plus another fully loaded closet with activities of swim etc. things for the outdoors. And we loved the grill on the balcony. The space was wonderful.We travel a lot and i'm a writer plus I have an interior design business. So there's a lot of importance in what condos have to offer. All I stay in is lavished condos.

Their were things that we didn't like about it too. The couch and chairs wasn't that comfortable and needed alittle more updating. There wasn't enough TV'S in in the condo. We are use to TV's in every room. There's was only in the livingroom and master bedroom. We took my mom on this trip and she's 84 YEARS OLD she the stairs was alittle too-much for her, so my mom and I camped-out downstairs and my husband had the master bedroom to his self.We shopped for groceries at their nice SAFEWAY and had a feast. We ate out a few times one place called the CHAR PIT, and ordered take out our first night there and we ordered pork ribs and some sides cole slaw and fries. The ribs were like mush and the side orders didn't have any flavor. By myself and my mom being good cooks we decided to cook the rest of our trip.And we went sight seeing and to one of the local casinos called THE NUGGET and played the slots and lost big time. We went to the SOUTH side one day and shopped alittle and my husband had sushi at a very nice place. And my mother and I ate Mexican food . So sorry I can't remember the name of either place. We enjoyed our 7 days in TAHOE NORTH SIDE. We loved the people and the surroundings of whole LAKE TAHOE. Tahoe is so beautiful i'm ready to go back.Our condo was unit number was #32. It was a lake view but not unostructive their were tree's in the way. But we still enjoyed it we did see the lake. We a good trip and beautiful one. We will be back.

Room Tip: 3bedrooms good but only TV's in master and livingroom.Needed more updating. We had a corner suit...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1234angel
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was our first time staying on the North Shore, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed in Unit #33, a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, ground floor unit. Although we were quite comfortable, I found the unit a bit small. To me, since the rooms are small, this unit is only suitable for a couple with 1 or 2 small children. 3 or 4 adults might feel cramped. As advertised, all units have a view of the lake and the well manicured grounds. The sunsets were grand, especially from the balcony, where we barbecued nightly. Be advised that there are no safety grab bars in the combo shower/tub. That said, I would stay at this resort again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I returned to Brockway at the end of August. We love the resort and have been here before and plan on returning in the future. HOWEVER...it is essential to purchase travel insurance because there is a very strict cancellation policy, 30 days notice. We unfortunately felt very locked in...had five nights reserved during the worst of the Rim Fire and the air quality was extremely unhealthy. We tried to cancel but the resort said this was an event out of their control and offered no solution. We couldn't bear to walk away from our almost 2000 dollars so traveled nine hours and spent most of our time indoors. Needless to say we were extremely disappointed and ended leaving early.

We were also disappointed with our unit 49. We stayed here on our honeymoon two years prior and loved it but this year we were surprised to find fleas. When mentioned to Courtney I was told that " fleas aren't a problem in Tahoe because of the altitude." I beg to differ. Also when scrolling through other reviews I noticed one that mentioned a pet smell in the unit. That might explain the fleas. It's a great location with a wonderful view but we didn't appreciate the little critters one bit! Also if you like to grill, the barbecue is subpar.

As stated above we absolutely love the resort and will return but this visit was definitely mediocre.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Jgofhb

We truly apologize for any unpleasantness you experienced during your stay.

We have recently started verbally stating that we do not refund or transfer dates due to smoke, as summer is fire season in Northern California, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. In our terms and conditions you will also see that we cannot refund due to acts of nature.

Again, we apologize and hope to see you soon.

Brockway Springs Management.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Brockway Springs speaks for itself. The grounds and accomodations are gorgeous. There is nothing better than enjoying either a cup of coffee in the morning...or a glass of wine in the evening..while sitting on your deck and looking at the lake which happens to be only about 100 yards away from the Townhouses. I was hesitant to write a review...because you almost hate to have a bunch of people find out about 'your secret spot'.

One main thing that brings us back to Brockway year after year is that we are treated like family by the staff. We haven't ever had a need or request that wasn't handled in a timely manner. We have always been met with a smile and made to feel vwery welcome. We will continue to spend our hard earned vacation dollars at Brockway Springs. The memories that have been created there are priceless!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JuneTony664
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I previously reviewed the Brockway Resort overall (recommended) and Unit #13 in particular (very nice), but this time we had a chance to return to Brockway and stay in Unit #59. For the price I would not recommend this unit. The photos imply that it has beautiful lake views, but the photo showing the view of the lake is a zoomed in view taken from the edge of the small balcony, not from the inside of the unit, or even the full view from the balcony. Unit #59's views are north-facing over the resort rooftops and lawn area, NOT of the lake. Kitchen and bathroom countertops are granite, which is nice, but the bedrooms and carpeting are not updated. Photos show a light and bright condo, but we found it to be very dark with few lights. Overall the unit is ok, but from the photos as feel as if I've been given the bait-and-switch. If you are going to stay in the tower, be advised that there are 4 units per floor and only 2 per floor are actually facing the lake. One more note on the resort overall: it has beautiful views of the lake, but it does not have a beach, which may be important to some visitors.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Resort at Squaw Creek
Resort at Squaw Creek
#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Brockway Springs Resort? Share your experiences!