Mountain Club at Kirkwood Mountain Resort
US$94
Apex Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
US$44
Emerald Bay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
US$136
US$114
Orbitz.com
Tahoe Valley Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$162
Motel 6 South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
US$55
US$52
  • Pool
Lazy S Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
Tahoe Keys Resort(Lake Tahoe (California))
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Cabin at South Lake Tahoe Keys(Lake Tahoe (California))
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfull kitchenunderground parkingminute walksouth lake tahoegas fireplaceslopessnowelevatorheatingloft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and I have skied Kirkwood 30 days a year for 5 years or so. We alway stay at he mountain club - the ski on-off is unparalleled in the Northern Sierra. But we don't recommend it to anyone who want good facilities or service. Frankly, we put up with indifference and apathy from the staff and owners because the mountain and snow conditions are the best - and the drive from the SF bay area is the most civilized.
My fear is that Kirkwood could execute a death spiral. Despite having some of the most loyal, long time season-pass members they could be relegating themselves to a day-ski resort.
What a wasted potential. M&M

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MichaelKnibbs
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We had originally booked a room at Sun Meadows in Kirkwood for a mid week stay and ski package. However, upon check in, we saw the room at Sun Meadows and immediately asked for an upgrade.

The hotel style room at Sun Meadows was postage stamp small, crowded, outdated and dirty. Not worth even the package price of $100/night per person with lift tickets. Because there is nothing else to do a Kirkwood in the evening, it would have been torture being stuck in that room at night.

While we paid about 50% more for the room at Mountain Club, it was modern, clean and comfortable. The ski in / ski out was also nice and included a ski locker in the lobby.

My major complaint with Kirkwood is the lack of ameneties. The restaurant choices are very limited and closed early...8 pm. So, be prepared to spend the majority of your time in your room in the evenings.

The lobby of the lodge even quenched the fireplace in the lobby by 8 pm....is that ridiculous? Also, there is no bar open mid week after 8 pm if you wanted a later night out.

While skiing at Kirkwood is fine, for my money, I will go back to Truckee where there are lots of options for lodging, food, entertainment and ski resorts.

This was the first time at Kirkwood, and I was disappointed in the overall experience. I would classify Kirkwood as a second class resort. All of the staff that we interacted with from reservations, to check in to wait staff at the restaurants were competent, but nobody stood out as providing good service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DenMilo
Reviewed 25 February 2011

expensive, small, not very clean, no customer service, no wireless working.. nothing to do when storm..
Our first ski experience in US, disappointing

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dominique-Marie
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I would never take my family to this resort again. The mountain lodging is dirty and smells. There is nothing open and nothing to eat in the village after dark. Kids have nothing to do here after ski hours. And, given the location, there is too much risk that some or all of the mountain won't be open due to high winds. And, the customer services sucks. The resort even scammed me and my family out of a full days worth of lift passes on December 19, 2010, when it refused to refund the second day of the price they charged me for lift passes despite advising me the lifts would not be operating that entire day due to bad weather. They essentially stole my money.

Of all the resorts in Tahoe to choose from, Kirkwood Mountain Resort is by far the worst.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank SkiBuck
Reviewed 27 March 2010

For $250 a night beds were terribly uncomfortable. Led to a poor nights sleep and this grumpy post. Other room shortcomings, like the 20 yr old 19in TV, are excusable even during march madness. The location is great but I'd bring an inflatable mattress or better yet stay at cheaper place in south lake and drive in.

1  Thank Beavios