“Excellent Camp Manager”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Klamath
Kamp Klamath RV Park
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I have been here 4 times now and are planning more times in the future.Doug is one standup guy if there ever was one.Helpful in every way possible.We had a flat tire while in camp and Doug gave me the repair kit to fix it.Not to mention the Salmon BBQ,which is out of this world.Doug is also a good Muscian and folk singer.It is just a lot of fun is all I can say.Very peaceful place.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2012

What an amazing place!!! The staff at Kamp Klamath provided such a beautiful peaceful place to camp. They had great smoked salmon that was sold in the front office, what an amazing fresh flavor! And the store provided for everything that you could imagine forgetting at home, the camp was so clean, the restrooms and showers are in the process of being renovated but you are camping and they do work! They even sell firewood, the cart that it is loaded on makes it easy to return to your campsite with the wood and unload, the amount is just perfect to go for hours. For the proximity to the highway we thought it would be an issue, but not at all every now and then you could hear a car heading down to the ocean off the main road but other than that very quiet. We can't wait to go back again! and when we do we know it will not be an issue bringing our teenagers because they will have cell signal and electricity to use their straighteners :) We enjoy camping much more than they do :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have to say Kamp Klamath is one of the best places I have been for the last ten years of camping experience. Kamp Klamtah is a clean nice green place, but the most important for me is the fact that you can walk to the river, see magnific sunsets from the ocean, fish, bike, walk or just relax in natural surroundings. The manager in the RV park is super nice, and friendly. I felt free in this RV park. I recommended for rvs, tents, and families. The views are terrific. Thank you to all the people in Kamp Klamath, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We only stayed one night but it was so nice and the people who worked were very nice. It was and cleanan well maintained. They had a dinner an drinks with a jazz band for $12 a person. They told us all about how the original building had burned down and their current office used to be their laundry room. It was very interesting and right by the Klamath river. The campers right next to us had a bear wake them up at 4am and went threw thier ice chest, they woke us up to warn us but it never came our way.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The office building burned to the ground in 2011 and all that is left is the stone chimney. As of 2012, the office and gift store are in a makeshift room and the washer/dryer is out in the open. Looks very bad. Nothing has been rebuilt yet -- something about "no insurance".

It feels like Kamp Klamath is at the crossroads. We stayed here 2 years ago and loved it. Now, we don't know -- hence the 3 stars. The rest of the property still looks lovely and the location still can't be beat (in Redwood National Park very close to the Klamath River). It's a campground so it's rustic and they do cater a lot to fishermen here for the salmon. But it earned its stars on Tripadvisor.

So I can't decide. Has the fire created a downward spiral and the place becomes a dump? Or should we continue to support this gem of a campground so that it will rebuild and come back as strong as before?

But would I recommend it now? With reservations. The guy in the office who helped us had liquor on his breath. The office is now a desk with reservation cards out in the open. If the fire happened last month, I can understand. But it has been one year. And the awesome Saturday BBQ during the summer? Cancelled when I was there because of lack of participation (in the middle of July).

I'm hoping they recover from this fire and rebuild. But until then, know that this is not the same place it was before the fire.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ALTippet
Reviewed 16 July 2012

RV sites: Dirt with tufts of grass.
Bathrooms & Showers: FILTHY and no hot water.
Cafe and store: Burned to the ground a year ago.
Laundry: washer and dryer sitting on the ground outside a small office and store.
Klamath river: Not anywhere you can see it. A mile and a half away.
Campfires: $15 for a small pile of wood.
Hosts: Very courteous and welcoming. The best thing about this place.
I think the reason why people have rated this place so high, is that there doesn't seem to be many rules, lots of freedom with dogs, noise, cleaning up after yourself, etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KathyV2
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We discovered that Kamp Klamath is protected from the wind and fog that plague other RV parks in the area. Yet it's near the mouth of the Klamath River where there were gray whales and sea lions. The river is within walking distance, and the chinook salmon run is supposed to be huge this summer. The campground staff members were very friendly and helpful, directing us to places where we could see overlook the ocean, see the redwood forests, and view elk herds.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Been to Kamp Klamath RV Park? Share your experiences!