“Folk Singers Welcome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Klamath
Kamp Klamath RV Park
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was traveling down the west coast for the first time in my life a few years ago. I was a young man, and stopped in a diner and there met Tugboat Willy, who frequently you might catch playing the washtub bass to jack of all trades Douglas King on guitar and vocals.. Tugboat got to telling me about Kamp Klamath, about Saturday night outdoor music inside a pavilion of trees before a slow fire that will stay up as long as the guests want it too. It's a welcoming place, and not a raucous place. You can get a good night's rest. The stars are abundant out here. I played some Johnny Cash songs and met the owner, Aaron Funk. I worked in the garden and planted flowers for a bit and helped in the kitchen. No doubt the salmon is divine. No wonder since it was caught in the river bordering the property. Take a walk there, or take a walk or drive west to the ocean. It's about a mile in a half. Gaze on the Pacific Blue. You'll probably be alone or with whoever you come with, and there goes the sun, and nearby are old Yurok tribal ceremonial structures. Respect them and then watch the sun setting in all her quit seashore sounding majesty. If you are really up for the hike, you can take trail through the albino redwoods to get back to the road. Listen for the hawks. The redder redwoods ain't too far away either. Expect a quiet and hospitable vacation. Request "Ghost Riders in the Sky", or "The Days of '69," or "Highway Patrol" from Doug. Story tellers abound. Tugboat has a wealth, and Aaron isn't so shy either. Every time I'm on the west coast, I make it a point to stop by.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed 3 weekday nights September 16-18, 2012. Great rate using Passport America at $17.50 per night. We have a 35 ft motor home. Quiet. Camp host very pleasant and helpful. They had a beautiful organic garden from which they shared with guests. I picked abundant black raspberries. This was a great place to stay when visiting the following nearby attractions: Viewed hundreds of sea lions from the coast line at Crescent City looking out onto Castle Rock National Wildlife Reserve. Went whale watching at the Klamath River Overlook and bought delicious fresh, salmon nearby. Drove the north end of Avenue of the Giants HWY 101. BEAUTIFUL! One of the Drive-thru Redwoods located nearby ($5.00). Interesting Native American (Yurok) area. Little or no cost involved in most activities. Enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: Site #13 was good for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProudRomanPat
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We lucked out and found this jewel during the off-season. No one was there, in that serene-quiet, "gee, this is a perfect wilderness experience" kind of way. (We do plan to return in the summer for one of the famous Salmon-fest nights!) Douglas was kind and so helpful with info about fishing and local culture. We recommend it to anyone looking for easy camping, hot showers and close access to the mouth of the Klamath!

Room Tip: Not applicable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here on the recommendation of Steve Huber Guide Service. Sure glad we did! This is the most friendly RV park I have stayed at in quite some time. The Saturday night BBQ is to die for. Even had a wonderful three guitar band for live entertainment. We stayed in space 9 and had great reception on the WiFi. It's a bit slow but certainly usable. Space was large, grassy and somewhat shady which was perfect. Plenty of room for our tow vehicle. Originally planned to stay just 3 nights but loved it so much we added two more nights. We'll be back next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I have been here 4 times now and are planning more times in the future.Doug is one standup guy if there ever was one.Helpful in every way possible.We had a flat tire while in camp and Doug gave me the repair kit to fix it.Not to mention the Salmon BBQ,which is out of this world.Doug is also a good Muscian and folk singer.It is just a lot of fun is all I can say.Very peaceful place.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

What an amazing place!!! The staff at Kamp Klamath provided such a beautiful peaceful place to camp. They had great smoked salmon that was sold in the front office, what an amazing fresh flavor! And the store provided for everything that you could imagine forgetting at home, the camp was so clean, the restrooms and showers are in the process of being renovated but you are camping and they do work! They even sell firewood, the cart that it is loaded on makes it easy to return to your campsite with the wood and unload, the amount is just perfect to go for hours. For the proximity to the highway we thought it would be an issue, but not at all every now and then you could hear a car heading down to the ocean off the main road but other than that very quiet. We can't wait to go back again! and when we do we know it will not be an issue bringing our teenagers because they will have cell signal and electricity to use their straighteners :) We enjoy camping much more than they do :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I have to say Kamp Klamath is one of the best places I have been for the last ten years of camping experience. Kamp Klamtah is a clean nice green place, but the most important for me is the fact that you can walk to the river, see magnific sunsets from the ocean, fish, bike, walk or just relax in natural surroundings. The manager in the RV park is super nice, and friendly. I felt free in this RV park. I recommended for rvs, tents, and families. The views are terrific. Thank you to all the people in Kamp Klamath, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Been to Kamp Klamath RV Park? Share your experiences!