- The view out the front porch is amazing and relaxing to see the river bend and the green banks on the other side.
- It's nice to chat with other fellow travelers in the common areas. Helpful they print guest names and where they're from on a list at the front desk.
- The breakfast is darn good. I'm not a pancake fan usually, but theirs are fantastic.
- The dinners are darn good, especially for out in the middle of nowhere.
The stuff I didn't care for:
- The building is old (some call it charm). No real screen on the windows, so bugs can get in at times. The walls are a bit thin also.
- It got pretty warm in our room at night. All you can do is pump up the whirling ceiling fan above your bed.
- The barking dog next door can an issue, but that's beyond their control.
- The dining room can get really really loud when it's full of dinner guests all talking on the weekends. I couldn't wait to get outta there.
- The internet connection is very spotty.
- Didn't care for some of the dinner courses, but you have no choice, so suck it up, but still pay the big bucks.
- Not cheap to stay and eat here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the mouth of Northern California's Klamath River, where the Redwoods meet the sea, the Requa Inn has been a home away from home for over a century. Built from old growth redwood, the 13 room inn features private bathrooms in every guestroom and a sumptuous breakfast cooked to order every morning. Guests also enjoy the best of local organic food in the Inn's restaurant every evening with a fine selection of regional wines and beer. Featuring wi-fi throughout the property, the Historic Requa Inn is the perfect basecamp for a redwood adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Historic Requa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Requa Hotel Klamath