“A very restful place to stay”
Review of Historic Requa Inn

Historic Requa Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Klamath B&B and Inns
Edgewater, Florida
“A very restful place to stay”
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I loved the ambiance in the lounge. The people were very friendly. It was across from a lake which gave a great view. We would stay again. Very quiet while you sleep. I was not crazy about the dinner, Kale, pork and polenta was not a good choice nor did it go together. Another couple liked it but we thought it was terrible. I should of read the menu before we decided to buy dinner. They accomodate guests for dinner. Very friendly staff but we had to wait a long time to be served I was tired and not in the mood to wait. My bad not their fault. But they could pay more attention to the people in the back room, that was us. Other wise it was great. Can't be perfect everywhere. I would stay again for sure and read the menu first. That is my only recommendation to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, IN
Reviewed 10 October 2010

It's a testimony to the Requa Inn that they draw travelers from all over. There are only a dozen rooms, but during my two-night stay they had guests from (if I'm remembering correctly) Oregon, Washington, Indiana, New York, Florida, DC, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec (and maybe others). The inn is very clean and comfortable, the hosts and help are very friendly, and the food is top-notch. I enjoyed an excellent dinner of Klamath River salmon while looking out the window at the Klamath River--my inner locavore is happy.

About the only drawback is that if you have a room on the river side, you'll hear traffic noise from the road that runs *very* close to the inn on that side--but (unusually!) they warn you about this on the website, and it's still worth getting a room on that side for the view.

I stayed at about ten different places in an extended trip to California. There were only two or three places that I was genuinely sorry to leave, and the Requa Inn was one of them.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I recently stayed at Requa Inn for three nights. For anyone planning to visit any of the Redwood National and State parks in Northern California, there is no better place to stay. It's a very short drive to Del Norte SP, Jedediah Smith SP, Prairie Creek SP and Redwood NP.

The hotel and its location are great. The common areas are comfortable and inviting. Overall, it has a nice 'lodge' feel. I recommend getting one of the rooms on the river side. The living and dining rooms also have nice river views. We saw all manner of wildlife from the hotel: many types of birds, seals, and a whale. I had some qualms about staying at a place right on the road but I found it pretty peaceful, though I did make a point of planning my stay for after the fishing season earlier in September.

Lastly, the food: it was excellent. There are plenty of choices for breakfast and there are several nice touches in the preparations. I also had dinner at the Inn every night I stayed. When I was there, dinner was only being served to those staying at the Inn. The Inn cooks one entree per night, though they offer to make substitutions to suit dietary restrictions one may have. You could look elsewhere for a place to eat, but don't go to the trouble. Requa Inn serves the best dinner at the best price for anywhere in the area. After hiking all day I loved being able to come back to the Inn for dinner and not have to hunt for a place to eat 20 miles up the road in Crescent City.

Sugar Grove, IL
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Loved, loved, loved our stay at the Requa Inn. The family that runs the inn provide great service. Located as a good halfway point in the Redwoods, it was a great 2 night stay to allow us to do some hiking and explore the area. Breakfast was wonderful, loved that there was a menu to order off of. The inn alos has dinner options for purchase. Would love to stay again.

London
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This place is delightful. We stayed here for two nights and wished it could have been more. The hotel sits by the river with the most wonderful views (we saw sea lions from the window as we ate our breakfast). The hotel has a cozy living room with fire burning for early evening reading (perfect after a hike), and serve the best cookies i've ever had. Dinner and breakfast are also very good - portion sizes are massive! The room was also good again with great views over ther river and very spacious.

1 Thank AdAnLondon
Sunnyvale CA
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We traveled with two young children.

Breakfast was fantastic (included as part of the nightly rate), they also serve evening bread and soup for a price.

The inn keepers are friendly and warm.

It is right across Klamath river, which is beautiful.

Good place to stay for exploring Redwoods

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank arun0708
San Mateo, CA
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Requa Inn for three nights in September. This is a historic Inn and it is charming ~ the longer you stay there the more you like it. The inn keepers/owners are just delightful ~ a family owned business that they put their love and attention to. Breakfasts were very good and you can select anything (or everything) on the menu. It did fill us up for our hikes thereafter. We ate dinner there two of the three nights. They charge $12 for dinner which is a great deal ~ it was excellent.
Our room had three large windows that overlooked the river. It was wonderful to lay in bed and watch the fog come in and out, the sea lions catch salmon, and the fishermen busy in their boats.
We really did enjoy our time at the ReQua and hope to be back. I rated it excellent using the foundation that it is a historic inn.

1 Thank MKtravelers19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn
Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn
#3 of 18 in Crescent City
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Been to Historic Requa Inn? Share your experiences!