“Best B & B on the Redwood coast”
Review of Historic Requa Inn

Historic Requa Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Klamath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This charming 100+ year old B & B has been remodeled and offers a variety of personalized rooms. We stayed in Cathedral Trees which was an excellent choice. The owners welcomed us with a tour of the inn, information on the area, meals and warm chocolate chip cookies. Before dinner, we were able to take in Whale Watching and a beautiful sunset on the Klamath River. The breakfast was absolutely amazing and home made including their lemon poppy hotcakes, scottish oatmeal, granola, smoothies, eggs and meats. Would highly recommend this inn if you are looking for a great place to stay near Redwood National Forest.

There are newer reviews for Historic Requa Inn

Reviewed 25 October 2010

We arrived later in the day but in time for dinner. They offer real home cooking and Chef Thomas does a marvellous job. They have great cookies upon arrival that are replenished throughout the day.

The rooms are all individually decorated and very comfortable and quiet. We slept like babies. Breakfast were fabulous with homemade yogurt.

We loved the hot tub after dinner.
We liked the Inn so much and felt so at home that we stayed again on our way back home from visiting family in Southern CA.

Would we stay there again - you bet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This historic inn has lots of character, and the setting, where the Klamath River meets the ocean, is spectacular. The staff (Jan & family), without exception, were friendly, professional, and accomodating. We had a very pretty, spacious, and comfortable room (#22) with a river view. Although it faced the street, it was quiet, even with the windows open. Breakfast was very good, but dinner was a real treat. Chef Thomas prepared a delicious and creative meal every night. It is a fixed menu, and you can't beat the price.
Also a reasonable wine list and homemade dessserts.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I spent the night while exploring the Oregon coast, ending in CA with the redwoods, before heading up to Oregon Caves and Crater Lake. The owners are actively on site, at the front desk, in the dining room and in the kitchen and were all very friendly. Dinner was amazing, salmon caught the day before with fresh grilled vegetables from the local farmers market, and a blackberry crumble from their own bushes. We stayed in room 1, facing the river, the seals were all over the place going after the salmon, what a treat to watch. The inn has a great atmosphere, and our room was beautifully done and spotlessly clean. We should have stayed longer!

Reviewed 10 October 2010

I loved the ambiance in the lounge. The people were very friendly. It was across from a lake which gave a great view. We would stay again. Very quiet while you sleep. I was not crazy about the dinner, Kale, pork and polenta was not a good choice nor did it go together. Another couple liked it but we thought it was terrible. I should of read the menu before we decided to buy dinner. They accomodate guests for dinner. Very friendly staff but we had to wait a long time to be served I was tired and not in the mood to wait. My bad not their fault. But they could pay more attention to the people in the back room, that was us. Other wise it was great. Can't be perfect everywhere. I would stay again for sure and read the menu first. That is my only recommendation to anyone.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

It's a testimony to the Requa Inn that they draw travelers from all over. There are only a dozen rooms, but during my two-night stay they had guests from (if I'm remembering correctly) Oregon, Washington, Indiana, New York, Florida, DC, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec (and maybe others). The inn is very clean and comfortable, the hosts and help are very friendly, and the food is top-notch. I enjoyed an excellent dinner of Klamath River salmon while looking out the window at the Klamath River--my inner locavore is happy.

About the only drawback is that if you have a room on the river side, you'll hear traffic noise from the road that runs *very* close to the inn on that side--but (unusually!) they warn you about this on the website, and it's still worth getting a room on that side for the view.

I stayed at about ten different places in an extended trip to California. There were only two or three places that I was genuinely sorry to leave, and the Requa Inn was one of them.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I recently stayed at Requa Inn for three nights. For anyone planning to visit any of the Redwood National and State parks in Northern California, there is no better place to stay. It's a very short drive to Del Norte SP, Jedediah Smith SP, Prairie Creek SP and Redwood NP.

The hotel and its location are great. The common areas are comfortable and inviting. Overall, it has a nice 'lodge' feel. I recommend getting one of the rooms on the river side. The living and dining rooms also have nice river views. We saw all manner of wildlife from the hotel: many types of birds, seals, and a whale. I had some qualms about staying at a place right on the road but I found it pretty peaceful, though I did make a point of planning my stay for after the fishing season earlier in September.

Lastly, the food: it was excellent. There are plenty of choices for breakfast and there are several nice touches in the preparations. I also had dinner at the Inn every night I stayed. When I was there, dinner was only being served to those staying at the Inn. The Inn cooks one entree per night, though they offer to make substitutions to suit dietary restrictions one may have. You could look elsewhere for a place to eat, but don't go to the trouble. Requa Inn serves the best dinner at the best price for anywhere in the area. After hiking all day I loved being able to come back to the Inn for dinner and not have to hunt for a place to eat 20 miles up the road in Crescent City.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#8 of 19 in Crescent City
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Been to Historic Requa Inn? Share your experiences!