“Quirky little place for a great price!”
Review of Ravenwood Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Klamath
Ravenwood Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Klamath
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Quirky little place for a great price!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

So it is a little Twilight Zone-ish but overall a good experience especially considering the price. I dealt with Perry on the phone as you cannot book online. He was friendly and was honest about Klamath being in the middle of nowhere. Another woman checked us in and helped us during our stay. I would not say she was particularly friendly, but she patiently answered my questions, explaining three restaurant options if we stayed in the immediate area to eat. Option #3 was the mini-mart which has a Chester's Fried Chicken and a taco place. I think this was the first time I've ever been directed by a hotel to get dinner at the local mini-mart, BUT guess where we were on Night #3! My friend had the chicken (delicious) and I had an Amy's frozen lasagna. I've eaten worse at better!

Breakfast was included in our $81/night room rate. Yahoo! This must be their highest price b/c we stayed in early July. Good continental breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, etc. Location is great for Redwood NP and Prairie Creek SP, too far north for going back down to Humboldt SP conveniently.

The room was clean and a third friend stayed with us unexpectedly b/c of some flight drama on the first night. I had requested a room with two beds, but had forgotten they were twin beds. The proprietress said she had no other room options but did bring us extra blankets and towels and did not charge us extra for a third person for one night. The wardrobe was interesting with a Roman or Egyptian theme...Someone has put some thought into some cute outdoor seating areas which spruces up what could be a pretty bland little parking lot.

We did have a little noise situation with some yowling cats one night and what sounded like a cannon going off twice another night. I have NO idea what the cannon noise was and was afraid to ask. I had ear plugs with me and I'd recommend them.

My final note is that they are building a Holiday Inn Express right next to the Ravenwood now so I hope it survives in order to continue on its quirky little journey.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JerseyGirl5781

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. We stayed in a suite with a private bedroom, & it was clean & quiet. We had a beautiful kitchen, & although we didn't cook, it was nice to bring a big coffee cup to fill & bring a tray from the included continental breakfast back there to eat in peace. We also made use of the washer & dryer for our laundry. We highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Deedaree
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Firstly, a four day cancellation policy is a red flag, as is a pay in advance in full on check-in. A random stranger's sock found inside the door of our room is another warning sign but worst of all was the rude, obnoxious staff who worked at Ravenwood. On check-in the man never gave us ANY information about the motel or surrounding areas. We didn't know until two days in that there was a breakfast room. I found this out when I asked for hot water (no coffee makers in the room and I use them for hot water for my hot tea) and the response I got was a condescending bawl- 'What do you mean a hot water supply? What do you want hot water for?' I was so shocked at his anger and frustration with me that I told the man he was rude and he responded by telling me I was the rude one. This followed by a personal tale of woe to which I did feel empathy for the man but it's a business he is running after-all and I am not his friend but a guest. I sympathized with him; I'm not a cold person, but he remained gruff and angry. The fact that the motel office was shut on many occasions when we needed things and the owner was running out the door another day and refused to help us because he had to 'get on the road' was bad treatment for paying guests. On the last day at checkout the maid was banging on our door a half hour before checkout and yelling in Spanish. At 11 a.m. the maid and another lady (also very rude) told us we needed to 'get out' and at 11.10 while I was grabbing my last things from the floor and my boyfriend was loading the car the maid burst into the room, whipped the sheets from the bed, flung them over my head and stormed about the place screaming about how she had to leave and she needed to get out of there to get her ride home. I've never in my life experienced such treatment. She was the very lady who pleaded with me a few days before to let her clean our room (I don't like having people in my room for room service) because she apparently gets paid by the room not by the hour. Out of compassion for her I told her to go ahead and clean it then. I spent a little while in the room rearranging some things and when we came back hours later the room had not been cleaned at all. The next day the towels were changed but the sheets weren't. On that last morning when my boyfriend went into the room to make sure we had everything the maid thanked him for 'not leaving a tip'! I could not believe the audacity! I have read similar reviews in the past and thought that the writer must be exaggerating. I am not exaggerating one bit here. The trip to the Redwoods was amazing! I will definitely go back. And I didn't give the motel a 'Terrible' because the bed was comfortable and we managed to have a great vacation overall. But I won't be staying at Ravenwood Motel again and that is for certain.

Room Tip: There was construction going on outside our window. Who would've thought? Go to the middle of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carmelapplepie
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2013

There aren't many lodging choices in the Klamath, CA area, but this small mom and pop motel is a good find. Immaculate and well maintainted the room was comfortable, the linens acceptable, and the heating system worked - yeah, it was cold and misty in June. It was very quiet. Breakfast had a wide variety of choices, and they were fresh and hygenically presented. We thought it a bit overpriced, but everything seems to be expensive out in this neck of the woods. The only choices for supper were a $45 a head dinner up the road or a sandwich across the street at the Country Bar and Grill. Ken cooks up a good burger and the beer was cheap. Give it a go!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

There is not a lot in this area (Klamath), but we wanted to stay in this area, as it was in the perfect place to stop for our trip through the Redwoods. The room was clean and had plenty of room for a family of four. We didn’t spend a lot of time here, but mainly just to sleep. They daily change the flags outside of the motel to reflect the state flags of the people currently checked in. It was fun to see our state flag flying along side the others!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ScubaJanet
los angeles
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I don't know how you could review the proprietors as not-friendly, as they are nothing but. Everybody, including the people cleaning the rooms said good morning, the breakfast is adequate, and the rooms clean and the place is quiet.

This would be our second stay to see Redwood National & State Parks, and although there isn't any food in Klamath, Crescent City isn't far - and Klamath is the perfect spot to set up to see the Redwoods.

As always, can't wait to be back in the tall trees, and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hksjza70
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The owner was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were somewhat worn, but very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adequate and plentiful. Nice views of the ocean about 5 miles away. The motel is not very close to most of the redwood attractions, but we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MamaClark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Oceanfront Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
#15 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Ravenwood Motel? Share your experiences!