Ravenwood Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Klamath
See available hotels
Motel Trees(Klamath)
  • Free Internet
Jade River Lodge(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Crescent Beach Motel(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Curly Redwood Lodge(Crescent City)
View Hotel
Super 8 Crescent City(Crescent City)
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)
View Hotel
All reviewshospitality roomcontinental breakfastbagelsacross the streetcottage cheesehard boiled eggscanned fruitbar grillwould definitely stay here againrooms are smallout of the wayravenswoodsuitepianoredwoodsgazebomicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We made a reservation well in advance for a suite for 2 days during the long weekend based on the positive reviews on yelp/trip advisor. Verbal confirmation was given on the phone and the credit card details were taken. What followed was a very shocking experience.

On our way to Klamath, we made a call on the first ¬day of reservation to confirm on the check-in time. However we were informed that our names were not on the list for that day and someone is already in the suite reserved for us. She said that she made the reservation for us only for the next day. I am sure I made a reservation for both the days, but the lady on the phone was unapologetic and would not accept that our reservation was missed by them. We had to stop midway and make alternate arrangements for the first day. Since it is long weekend, we went through a harrowing time, in finding motels that can accommodate for that night. Luckily we managed to find a place two hours away from Klamath. We had to cut down our plans for the day due to the unexpected turn of events.

The next day morning we travelled to Redwoods and hiked there. We thought of checking in at Ravenwood motel at around 8pm and later get our dinner lest we are turned down if we arrive late at the motel. We were extremely tired and when we went to check-in we were told that our names are not in the list AGAIN!!! Moreover, there is no phone network connectivity in that area to make any calls to make any alternative arrangements. She acknowledged that she did confirm us of the reservation on the second day, but she cannot do anything now as someone else has occupied our suite. We tried our best to find any accommodation nearby, but couldn’t find any as every motel is fully booked for the long weekend. From a landline phone, we even tried to get accommodation in locations that are 3 hrs away from Klamath, but couldn’t find any.

This left us with only one option. We cut short our trip and drove that night to home which is more than 300 miles away from Klamath. We were hungry, exhausted and very disappointed; not to mention the perils of driving through thick fog in a hilly area late in the night. Please get a confirmation mail from them after your reservation lest you end up spending the night in the car. We had a very difficult time and I am hoping no one else goes through this nightmare....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank pckuser
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Ravenwood Motel is everything you need for a stay in the redwoods. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast is good and coffee is available during the day. The owner was very pleasant and made sure everything was good for us. Good room, good bed, good breakfast, good price. Enough said.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I'll start with the good: very inexpensive, $135 per night for their biggest suite (room 27). It has a separate bedroom, two futon couches, and a full kitchen. But the room had a strange smell and the furniture and decor was very dated. Nothing around it -- the convenient store has slot machines and there was a huge casino under construction when we were there.

The breakfast was pretty sparse - canned fruit, baked good, cereal, and instant oatmeal. And the wifi did not work, we only got email and texts in the middle of the night. The TV was small and half the stations were static.

This is no the fault of the Ravenwood, but this hotel is not close to much except Trees of Mystery, We wound up changing our plans last minute, so the lodging in Orick and other places further south was all booked. It was a good 20 minute drive down to Prairie Creek SP.

I don't think I would stay here again. That said, it's an adequate place to be if you just need lodging.

Room Tip: Room 27 is the largest suite. It's also at the end of the hotel, so very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pat909
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the Ravenwood, the owners were really friendly and helpful. There wasn't a lot to do in the immediate area but there are some stunning drives through the a Redwoods closeby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Granted there are not a lot of places to stay in Klamath , I would drive out of the way to go somewhere else. Yes the rooms are clean, but the price you pay for that is a horrific industrial chemical smell. ( my husband thought it was insecticide). I feel my throat is still closed up. Mattress was most uncomfortable . Kids slept on a futon that I was uneasy even sitting on.
I would give this place a nicer review if I got the sense that management cared about their customers, but I found the owner to be distant, not welcoming at all. Little patience and she seemed to be hovering during breakfast to make sure people would not eat to much food.

Internet did not work. No cell phone reception. TV did work.

Would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014