“Not worth the savings, couldn't wait to check out”
Review of Motel Trees

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Klamath
Motel Trees
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Klamath
Monmouth, Oregon
“Not worth the savings, couldn't wait to check out”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I'm sure this place was once cute, right across the highway from Trees of Mystery, with Paul Bunyon and his blue ox Babe looking down. Maybe some rooms are better than others. We were told check-in was 2pm-10pm, and we checkde in at 9:40pm, which clearly was not desired. You're not allowed in the office that late, but have to stand outside at window as if buying tickets for the matinee show. The room was dark, drab, depressing. The water was discolored and used my own bottled water to brush my teeth. The area around the bathroom sink didn't feel clean. There was some residue that hadn't been wiped :-P - I tore the bedding back and inspected the mattress. it was old but apparently there were no bugs. Unit #2, king, was supposed to be a no smoking, no pets unit, but the room next door had a dog (bark bark) and the walls are thin. The old fashioned Synvannia CRT TV (not flat sreen) was so poor, my husband chose to keep it off. (this was actually a plus for me) :-) We just went to bed and hoped to sleep. In the morning we didn't bother making coffee, not with that water. We got out of there as fast as we could and went in search of coffee and hoped to forget we had ever been here. When I returned the key she said that's all you have to do, just leave the key (no "thank you" "did you enjoy your stay?" or any nice words. I got the feeling she doesn't much enjoy the job). Wished we had paid another $20 and stayed at Crescent City. We didn't go to Trees of Mystery, anyway, since there are much better places to see the Redwoods further north.

I am rating it poor instead of terrible, because the doors locked and the bed was clean. :-)

Room Tip: #2 unit, King no smoking no pets
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Nipawin
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My 24 year old son and I stayed at this hotel on our drive up the coast of California. Since the Trees of Mystery was our destination, this was an excellent choice. I thought the value was excellent, as we had stayed at an "updated" room at another hotel further south on the coast, and it was not as nice nor as inexpensive. The room we had, #25 was very clean, and was newly renovated. It was spacious and quiet. At this time of year (May) there was hardly anybody there. We arrived about 7 pm, and had to drive about 5 miles back south to a cafe for supper, and return again for breakfast, as the restaurant on the grounds is open only for lunch at this time of year. However, the cafe/diner was an excellent place to eat. They were very friendly, the food was good, and it had a nice atmosphere. It isn't fancy, so if you are looking for gourmet, you are out of luck. However, if you are looking for burgers or bacon and eggs and waffles, you are in good hands. The coffee in the room was good; the bathroom well supplied. You can hear the birds sing in the trees when you awake in the morning. The TV worked just fine. We do not use wifi when we are on vacation, so I couldn't speak to that. Had we had more time, I would have liked to have tried out the hiking trails, but we planned on only the one day, and spent 4 hours at the Trees of Mystery (I could have spent more time!)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Louise_B_533
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The pros: Appeared to be clean. They are "pet friendly".
The cons: Bathroom windows are only partially obscured, no privacy. No fan or air conditioning. Internet does not work and they do not advertise it to work. NO hot water, only warm water. No refrigerator or microwave. TV gets two channels in clearly. No barrier to the hwy, very noisy early in the morning. Not worth the price.
This was the *worst* place we stayed on our 10 day trip. My recommendation is keep driving. There are a lot of motels just past this place that have got to be better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank captravels

Travellers are raving about these Klamath hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was a nice motel as it's across the street from Trees of Mystery. We stay when visiting family in Klamath area. We woke up to Paul Bunyan and Babe, the blue ox, talking to visitors entering the Trees of Mystery. The rooms had comfy beds and very quite. Also, the front desk has a map of hiking trails behind the motel that will lead to the ocean. We usually stay during the July 4th holiday and reservations is a must as that's a busy time of year for them. The trees of mystery has a web cam which you can see the motel across the street.

Room Tip: Rooms are large and comfy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed here in mid-March and thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms could not be CLEANER! No dust, clean floors, shower, windows, crisp sheets, clean linens, drapes no dust... you name it - immaculate! The room was spacious (#8), updated washroom, all new windows on the entire property, and parking at door. Sure, the furnishings are older deco-ish but the materials and mattresses and wood are in excellent condition or new. We also had a big flat screen television, microwave and small fridge. I especially like the "lodgy" feel of the room - with the beautiful redwood high ceilings. The motel also provided hair dryer, nice soaps and toiletries, and coffee maker in room. The manager also had fruit juices and some small pastries for guests in the lobby since the restaurant was closed for season. Nice touch.
The motel is not cheap... but neither is anything in California and this location is it - if you want a chain motel your drive is a good hour and a half.
I like older style motels and love to see them taken care of... this is one of them! Located on the grounds of Mystery of Trees attraction, the motel is convenient. There is nothing around but nature and quietness. The redwoods are amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank td397
Sonoma, California
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at Motel Trees in December 2013. The motel was vacant, except for two other rooms. The room was nearly $90 a night.

They asked us to be there by 10pm to check in. We arrived at 9:30pm and we had to hustle. The check in was very quick but the woman who checked me in was grumpy and in pajamas. I felt like I was putting her out.

We went into our room and the website pictures were accurate; dated and mural-diculous. The back half of a toy squirrel was glued to a fake redwood tree in front of a huge 1970's era mural of a forest behind the bed. I half expected Sam and Dean Winchester to show up.

I only noticed the decor for a second before I saw noticed the cleanliness. I am convinced the manager jacks the maids up on caffeine and amphetamines before sending them to work because no unmodified human could make a motel that clean. I have never stayed in such a clean room. It sparkled like a toothpaste commercial.

I would feel comfortable putting food on any table surface. The bed was clean and comfortable. The linens were unstained, clean, and smelled nice. I pulled out the mattress and it was clean behind the mattresses. I pulled out the night stands, clean. Towels were spotless. The shower was mold free. Even the half squirrel was dust free. It was all clean.

The mattress was comfortable enough that my partner fell asleep in about 12.5 seconds.

In the middle of the night we went across the street to the statues outside of Trees of Mystery. It was like a private viewing party. The sky was very dark, and we could see about a zillion stars.

Motel Trees accepts dogs. I took our dog out for the morning walk around the motel and decided to take the dog into the lobby to buy some trinkets and pick up brochures. The same desk agent from the night before came out and told me that dogs were not allowed in the lobby because some guests may be allergic. Right after she said that, two small yappy dogs began to bark right behind her.

We wanted to have breakfast at the attached restaurant next door. It had menus and information about it in the room. It had a big sign on the building when we pulled up. I called the front desk to ask when it was open in the morning, and it was closed for the season.

We were happy with the room but anything outside the room could be improved. It cost too much for what was offered and the service. The Hampton Inn is only about $10 more a night.

All in all, we had a good time when we were not talking to the desk agent. I will forever recommend a visit to Motel Trees to the proprietor of any filthy hotel we visit and I would stay there again if I were passing through.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LaRaeMeadows
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Was a great location for us, opposite the trees of mystery on US 101,
room was huge, clean and comfortable. Great value for money!!!!!!!!!
Only down side was the restaurant/ cafe wasn't open. But there is a cafe just up the road.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Klamath
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Oceanfront Lodge
Oceanfront Lodge
#15 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Motel Trees? Share your experiences!