Sierra Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kyburz
See available hotels
View Hotel
Best Western Stagecoach Inn(Pollock Pines)
Westhaven Inn(Pollock Pines)
View Hotel
Camp Richardson Resort(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Restaurant
Lazy S Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Emerald Bay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Apex Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Matterhorn Motel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We visit South Lake Tahoe every year. I waited a bit too long, on top of the fact that there was an event I wasn't aware of and I was unable to find any reasonably priced lodging there. We discovered this great place when when I backtracked from South Lake Tahoe on the map and checked out the smaller towns along the way. This motel is in the teeny, tiny town of Kyburz. It's right on highway 50, about 25 miles (about 25 minutes) from Lake Tahoe. The price was very reasonable. The woman who took my reservation over the phone was nice and accomodating. I was traveling with my husband, an eight year old and two teenagers, so I needed an adjoining room and an extra bed. Internet reservations are also available. When we arrived everything was in order and we were quickly checked in by the hospitable manager who made sure we were aware of the fact that this motel's back property is right on the American River. There is a little beach and lots or rocks to climb on I. I could actually see fish in the water. Just in back of the motel is a picnic area with tables and charcoal grills. The manager had just completed a fire pit for which he had stocked plenty of firewood. You are welcome to bring a fishing pole. Even the teenage boys couldn't resist exploring the river. The rooms were nothing fancy but very clean and quiet. You can tell that the owners are making an effort with new paint, furniture and amenities like coffee maker and refrigerator. The bathrooms were spotless with new linoleum, sinks and counters. The old fiberglass showers, although spotless, looked a bit weathered, but with the other updates already done, I'm sure this is on their short list of things to do. There are no blow dryers or irons, so bring your own if you need it. Our bed was very comfortable with soft pillows. The kids complained that their pillows were a bit hard, but not too uncomfortable to sleep on. There is a small store with a bit of everything run by friendly people down the street but closed around 7:00. We had a great time and will definitely return soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family