“Best way to see the sites-Amazing Tour Guides”

Bike and Kayak - La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kayak the 7 Caves of La Jolla, or bike the Freefall! We offer kayaking, biking, snorkeling tours and rentals in La Jolla and Coronado California.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son & I just got back from San Diego and had an amazing, adventurous vacation thanks to the tour guides from the San Diego Bike & Kayak tours, Coronado Island location. We booked the half day sunset Bike & Kayak tour around Coronado Island. Kyle was our biking tour guide, he was great, friendly and very knowledgeable about Coronado's history & the architectural history. Emmit, was our kayaking tour guide. Now, I have never kayaked before but I'm a fairly good swimmer, my son is 14yrs old & a very good swimmer. Emmit made sure I felt comfortable and briefly went over " how to kayak ", in a funny way which made us laugh & took the anxiety away. As we were out on the water, he didn't rush us, he let us take in the beauty of Coronado Island and added a few fun facts about it's history. He was happy to take our cameras and take pictures of us. At one point, my son & I tipped our kayak. He was very patient & helped me back into the kayak. It was so much fun and I would highly recommend booking with them on your next San Diego vacation!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have seen so much during our 7 caves tour. Eddy and Danielle were enthousiastic and helpfull guides. We really enjoyed our trip and we were glad that it was so easy to book on the day itself.

1  Thank Sanna D
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great time. Great guides. They had space when another company that we had bought through Travel Zoo did not.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a family reunion here in San Diego. We decided to do something different, so the Kayak tour of LaJolla's 7 caves sounded good. We made a reservation well in advance because we had 13 in our group.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. We got there an hour before our reservation time because parking is a real challenge in LaJolla in the summer. Then, we checked in and completed electronic forms (waivers), got our vests and helmets and went to the bathroom (in their shop). Some in our group purchased water protective holders at the shop.

We used 2 lockers-- somewhat pricey at $6.00 and $4.00 each.

Then, we walked two blocks to the beach and waited for our 2 guides.

Some of our Kayaks had a black colored soft material for a back support. Others had a firmer yellow colored back support. The black supports were terrible because they did not provide adequate support no matter how you adjusted them. This made the 2-hour trek quite uncomfortable, especially for the seniors in our group.

We were lucky because it was a somewhat overcast day. If there had been a strong sun, two hours would have been a long time on the water. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.

And if you're a senior who is not used to kayaking, this will be a strenuous adventure.

Good luck!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We did the kayak and snorkel tour and our guides were great! The check in process is super simple and streamlined. They have many employees at different stations to help ease the check-in and rental process.

During the tour, we stopped at many different habitat locations and the main guide spoke about what types of animals lived at each. The kayaking was pretty easy and the group was able to keep up with the guide. I thought we were going to go into the La Jolla caves with the kayaks, but once we got to them, I'm glad we didn't. They were smaller than I had anticipated and probably would have been worried about crashing into the sides with the waves. We did stop at the caves for quite a while where we were able to get out and snorkel around for a bit. We didn't see any leopard sharks unfortunately, but we did see lots of the orange goldfish (I can't remember their real names) and some brightly colored blue/teal fish. Getting back into the kayak after snorkeling was easier than I had anticipated. Once we returned from the tour, we were able to keep the wet suit and snorkel gear for the rest of the day - we ended up snorkeling for another 30-60 minutes before we got hungry and headed back to shore to grab a bite.

I would recommend bringing some extra money to rent a locker to store your stuff in. We didnt' realize they had lockers and pay showers or I wouldn't have left my wallet in the car. Also, try to get there early! We were running late due to the traffic, so we had to hurry to get checked in and suited up. Another thing that might be handy if you don't want to rent a locker is to get one of those little waterproof containers that are big enough for important things (wallet, keys, phone, etc), but small enough to carry around.