“Good Pizza”
Review of Isola Pizza Bar

Isola Pizza Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isola Pizza Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in for dinner and enjoyed their pizza a lot. The pizza arrived very quickly. Very reasonably priced dinner and wine. Service was very efficient. Would definitely go back next time I'm in La Jolla

1  Thank SteveNScottsdale

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We had a wonderful time here last Friday evening celebrating my lovely wife's birthday.It was great to walk in around 5.30pm and be greeted by the staff who remembered us from our previous visits...that's why it feels like home when we dine here.Sweet Nadine greeted us at the front entrance and showed us to a nice table towards the rear of the restaurant. As we walked to our table Jacob the bar manager waved hi from behind the bar so I quickly checked what new craft beers he had on tap.Soon after we got comfortable in our seats our favorite server Waz came by to say hi and take our drinks order.I went with a Modern Times Blazing World...it's virtually an IPA but not ....and tall glasses of cold water of course. My wife is not a big appetizer fan but I was a bit peckish so I ordered some Steamed Mussels to kick the night off. For entrees my wife always loves the Ragu while this time I chose the Seafood Marinara......I love their thin crust pizzas so that was a real tough decision.My wife pinched some of the garlic toast on top of my Steamed Mussels while I devoured every single mussel in the bowl.At the perfect moment our entrees arrived and they both looked el perfecto! My seafood marinara tasted incredible while my wife was simply devouring her delicious Ragu. Of course we can't celebrate my wife's birthday without a special dessert and Waz came to the rescue with an Affogato topped with a lighted candle.We shared of course and it tasted fabulous! Alonso the general manager of Isola Pizza Bar restaurants stopped by to have a chat with us......he's a great guy. We had a perfect evening here!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Had a napoleon pizza. Not bad! Good ambiance. My favorite was the bruschetta. Great drinks and local drafts on tap.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended by a Nee York native as the closest pizza in SD to Nee York Pizza. Are you kidding? The largest pizza they make is 12 inches and NO pepperoni, can you believe it? We had to settle for spicy salami. The crust was more doughy than crisp but it was thin. The server said that the cook was from Italy. Having been to Italy several times I need to say that they do not make good pizza on Italy. The pizza was OK and I certainly had worse but it doesn’t hold a candle to “Pizza on Pearl”.

Their Mozarella Caprese salad was good with lots of cheese.

We probably will not be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The concept is right and current, but the execution leave some room for improvement.
The wine list is not user friendly, and the food explanation should be easier to understand.