“Wonderful Stay!”

The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla
Ranked #3 of 4 La Jolla B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We loved this B&B! We took a very short walk in the mornings to see the seals at the Children's Beach before the wonderful B&B 3 course breakfast which began at 9 am. We quite enjoyed the quaint patio, beach chairs and towels, unlimited bottled water and the wine/cheese hour in the evenings. Would definitely recommend this B&B to family and friends - close enough for a short walk to the water and plenty of shopping/restaurants but a good distance away to feel like you are tucked in a quiet residential area for some R&R.

Room Tip: Peacock room was lovely! The small private patio was nice to have but we did not use it much. We sn...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
marvelme_7, Director of Sales at The Bed & Breakfast Inn at La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Appreciate you selecting us for your visit to La Jolla and the detailed review of your stay. We are glad you took advantage of the wonderful things to enjoy and do in La Jolla/San Diego and we hope you will be visiting again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A delightful inn. We needed a first floor room and stayed in the Holiday suite, which is large, comfortable, beautifully furnished. Breakfasts were a feast, but not overwhelming. Best of all are the staff and location. We could walk down one block to the ocean, harbor seals, and park. There are expensive as well as funky cheap places to eat within a 5 minute walk. The garden out back is perfect for wine and cheese, and hummingbirds joining in. You can watch the sun go down over the ocean from upstairs porch. You won't lack for anything and all that is wonderful about La Jolla is right there. Our room on street side had some early am noise, but we are early risers and wanted to walk down to see the harbor seals waking up anyway. Museum of Contempoary Art is across the street too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your review and knowing that you were able to take full advantage of the wonderful location of the B&B and all that La Jolla village and the Inn have to offer. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had a wonderful time at the Bed & Breakfast Inn. I stayed in the Fiesta room. It was actually my first visit to La Jolla. The accomodations were simply exquisite. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, the surroundings were quite beautiful. I watched the sun set from the balcony of the inn. The beach is only a three-minute walk from the property. The only minor issue that I had was the limited strength of the Wi-Fi; however, this little glitch did not lesson the quality of my experience. I also enjoyed the food. There was an evening wine and cheese social hour and a scrumptious breakfast during which I had the chance to meet and socialize with other people. I definitely plan on returning to this quaint little spot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

And we certainly look forward to your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are definitely working to improve the Wifi and at present are not even advertising that we are offering it, since it has proved to be so unreliable to date. Hopefully by the end of July or first week of August it will be much improved.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place was just what I needed, cozy intimate atmosphere, lovely amazing staff, warm guests, all eating together in a close familial settings, felt like a big European home with delicious cuisine and awesome people to chat with. The free wine and cheese hour was just unwinding and time to socialize with other guests. It is a small place but full of magic and love. The manager cooked BF for us and it was so yummy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very much appreciated. We are glad we were able to make your stay magical and special. That is our mission. We thank you for appreciating and acknowledging our efforts.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked a room at this hotel for two nights through booking.com - unfortunately it was my mistake that I did not read their cancellation policy. I went ahead and cancelled my reservation two days before as the person I was going to go with was no longer able to go. I noticed the hotel had charged me for the amount of the room plus taxes I'm assuming. I called the hotel and got someone named Bradley, who once I told him I had booked through Booking.com, did not seem interested in helping me and just kept repeating "Our cancellation policy is no refunds." He just kept repeating this, and was very condescending, so I got upset and asked to speak to his supervisor. At this point, he got very rude and said I was yelling at him, however, as he kept insisting on saying the same thing repeatedly, I was just trying to speak to someone else. Then he started telling me to call Booking.com, and when I tried to say anything to him, he just kept saying "Call Booking.com." I contacted Booking.com and they were met with the same lack of cooperation. They refused to refund the money they took, even though they sold the room to someone else. They refused to give me another room or even a credit to use later. I am completely disgusted with the treatment and service I received. So just a warning, I would definitely think twice about staying here. I admit that I should have checked the cancellation policy, however, I have never received such horrible treatment and lack of cooperation from an establishment that relies on the goodwill of its customers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DoubbleD

Thank you for your review and concerns. If we were less than courteous at the time of your cancellation, we sincerely apologize. Bradley goes out of his way to accommodate our guests. He was the only assistant innkeepers on site , so there was no one he could have redirected you to. We have been informed to direct issues concerning Booking.com reservations to their customer service dept. and Bradley was only following protocol. Unfortunately, the inn's policy is built into the reservation system, and staff etc., even the innkeeper/manager, cannot override policy. A 48 hour cancellation during high season is usually not available at even the large 200 + room hotels. And, since we are a small 15 room b&b, we do not have the luxury of selling a room at such short notice.
We know our guest have a choice and always advice them regarding the cancellation policy. We suggest that guests consider travel insurance ( which is very inexpensive) if the cancellation policy is of concern or is an issue. Again, we are sorry for any frustration or anguish this has caused you as a result of the miscommunication.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We've had a really wonderful time at the Bed & Breakfast Inn. The Room Kate Sessions was so nice, the breakfast awesome - also the wine and cheese at 5 pm. The Inn is located near the beach and offers 5 parking spaces and free wifi. Everything was perfect! Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Stef2105

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and such a nice one at that. Our Wifi is free but it is also very unreliable so we are not promoting the fact that we even offer it at this time. We are in the process of trying to remedy this problem. Glad it was working for you during your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is a little gem in La Jolla that you do not want to miss out on! So quaint and cozy, great breakfasts, wine and cheese at 5pm every night, and a block from the beach. We literally walked everywhere.

The bed wasn't as comfy as I would've liked, and the internet there was out during our stay... Other than that, I HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bird Rock Cottage.... We enjoyed it because the room leads right into the little ga...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate comments that can help us improve on the experience. If you could let us know more in detail as to what made the bed uncomfortable it would help us in correcting the problem. Perhaps it is time to replaced the mattress in Bird Rock Cottage. Please, if it isn't an inconvenience, let Margaret at the Inn know, either by phone or e mail, and tell her that the information was requested by the sales director and to pass it on. We are in the process of trying to improve the Wifi situation which is always hit and miss. Hopefully we will be able to make it more reliable, faster and put out a stronger signal. We are as frustrated with it as are our guests. Till it is fixed we are not advertising that we offer Wifi.