La Valencia Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$248
US$235
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$142
  • Restaurant
US$170
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$140
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$209
  • Pool
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$430
US$397
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$187
1,248 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnesan diegorooms are smallla jolla covesea lionsgorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotelvalet parkingvalet service
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My experience at La Valencia was truly wonderful. We were in a Villa. The reservation person, Connie was a doll and could not have been more helpful. I must have called her 6 times as I could not make up my mind as to the accommodations I wanted. She was exceptionally patient and understanding. The suggestions to restaurants was flawless. La Jolla's restaurants with views to die for are many. They even sent a beautiful pastry to my mom for her 88 birthday. I will not forget how surprised and happy she was.

The staff at Happy Hour was fun and very helpful. The poolside staff brought us frozen grapes and sherbet. It was not a noisy hotel. We relaxed and walked to the beach everyday.
We will certainly return to La Valencia I hope sooner rather than later!
Lynda B.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before you get settled. I did and was glad I did.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear West Hollywood Guest,
We’re delighted that the staff was on top of helping with the birthday celebrations; thank you for recognizing their efforts and I am happy to know that you’ll plan to return again – hopefully soon and for many more celebrations.
Best regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We are really glad to have selected the Valencia! The view from our deluxe suite was breathtaking and the location could not be beat. Both the food and the staff were tremendous. Typically, we stay at a Ritz-Carlton hotel and are used to exceptional quality. La Valencia was not that far behind!
This was a family vacation, but I would love to come back with just my husband to enjoy the wonderful live music and the tempting spa services! The pool is great and we really enjoyed ending our days with delicious homemade gelato from a nearby gelateria and walking in the park overlooking the La Jolla beach. Truly memorable. Strongly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and would request this again in a heartbeat. We were in a corner room on the first floor (in actuality the second floor) and it was very quiet. The best part was waking up to the glorious views of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sacramento Traveler,
How about those views – they are indeed very special but I am most pleased about your recognition of our great staff; thank you. I am also very flattered to be compared to another well known hotel brand– that puts La V in some very good company. Let us know when you’re ready to return.
Best regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Tiffany Taylor & Jim Hodge – June 1st, 2012

“As a young woman, I had always imagined my dream wedding. In September 2011, my Fiance Jim proposed and I immediately contacted La Valencia to set a date! I had traveled to La Jolla many times as a young woman, stopping by La Valencia for lunch and drinks, and the hotel always held a special place in my heart. The date was set and I was introduced to Shannon Califano, Special Events Manager for the hotel. Shannon helped me with EVERY step in the planning of our wedding. I really had no idea exactly what went into the production of a wedding and was amazed at how efficient and at ease Shannon was at informing me of all the little details and all of the major decisions that had to be handled. Shannon and I traded phone calls and e-mails for many months...simple questions of champagne and appetizer selections, to seating charts and rehearsal arrangements. There were many times that Shannon had "caught" little things, like the fact that our linens were ivory but our napkins, white! She went over every bit of our food and beverage order to make sure there were no discrepancies. She made sure that even our outside vendors, florist, musician and photographers were all on-the-ball as well! She helped me create my beautiful wedding cake with the help of the La Valencia pastry chefs. I look back and cannot imagine how any of it could have turned out quite as beautifully if it were not for Shannon and the wonderful staff of La Valencia. On my Wedding day, standing on the sixth floor landing and watching Shannon smile as my groom and daughter proceeded down the aisle, I realized how important my special day was for her too. I am a very lucky bride to have chosen La Valencia for my special day and thank you for making my fairytale wedding come true!”

Sincerely, Tiffany Hodge :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Cheers to the Fairytale Couple!
We are so happy that La V created the ideal setting and services for your amazing day; thank you for entrusting this event to our care. Our team truly loves weddings and the importance of this memorable occasion is a top priority to our staff. Your accolades are so gracious and very much appreciate – it is our hope that La V is your annual anniversary home for many years to come.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I recently asked La Valencia to host my Area Sales Meeting. From room accommodations to meeting accommodations to food - everything went PERFECTLY. La Valencia made my out of town attendees/presenters (many were first-timers to San Diego) feel very welcomed and 100% of my attendees and presenters have asked to have our venue at La Valencia again. The coordination of my event with Leo Lopez was very easy and he attended to every single detail, and called my attention to ones that I even overlooked! La Valencia created an environment that was conducive to learning, networking and relaxing - all at the same time! My team felt refreshed, motivated and appreciated!! The menu was healthy and very tasteful! Many of my attendees extended their stay through the weekend and noted the consistency of the top notch customer service throughout their stay. The new remodeled rooms were very comfortable and quiet for all of my guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Mark D, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear La Jolla Business!
WOW and thank you; we are most grateful for the spectacular compliments on La V for your recent meeting and I am especially delighted to know that Leo and the team made such a difference. Your recognition of our staff services means a great deal as we know that renovations alone to not make a hotel great; it is the staff.
Thank you again, we hope to see you back for many more years to come.
Cheers,

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Upon arrival at La Valencia we were unexpectedly upgraded to a villa, which proved quite wonderful. I know others have been critical of some of the outdated and smaller rooms, but there are (I think) about 21 villas, each one seemingly different (from the outside anyway). Ours (#21) was perhaps the least desirable because it had no terrace or balcony, but we were thrilled with the room nonetheless. It was very large and well appointed, and the bathroom was huge, with a large shower with spigots both on the wall and the ceiling, as well as a jacuzzi tub. Even from this ground level villa near the street, we still had a view of the ocean over the park across the street. All the villas are near the swimming pool, which we found very convenient. We found the staff helpful and courteous. The hotel is old and there are some drawbacks as compared to an ultra-modern hotel, but we found the location perfectly central to everything we needed in downtown La Jolla (we walked everywhere we needed to go) and the beach. (Note that the beach is not one long continuous beach as one might find in other Southern California locations, but a few small unconnected cove beaches. Accordingly, we found that we did our oceanside walking along the path above the beaches rather than on the sand.) We did find that our iron didn't work and one lightbulb was out in the room, but both problems were rectified very quickly and graciously. The fitness "center" is very small with limited equipment, and not all of what was there worked. There is no spa, but massage appointments are taken and provided in a small, comfortable room adjacent to the fitness room. However, despite these various limitations, we really enjoyed our stay, and would certainly consider staying here again if we could get a villa (or be assured of a good sized renovated room in the main hotel building).

Room Tip: Reserve a villa if the cost is within your budget.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear SF Guest –
I am delighted that our Villas were a hit – each is unique and offers its own set of features but all include some generous bathrooms to relax and indulge in. Thank you especially for the lovely compliments on our staff and their friendly service – they are the real key to La V; the view of the Pacific is just icing. Although “mature” La V is not old but very young at heart and we’re moving ahead to our next chapters of coastal hospitality. Our 112 rooms offers a wide variety of accommodations choices and pricing from the grand Villas to Classic Ocean view rooms and suites in our circa 1926 wing and west wing (recently renovated) and yes, more intimate rooms in our 1928 wing which are being revamped as we speak to ensure that the size is both functional but also comfortable – fortunately the views are exceptional no matter what.
Thank you for choosing La V and we hope to see you back soon.