1,310 results
All reviews pink lady whaling bar cafe la rue beautiful hotel ocean view lobby bar bottle of champagne rooms are small san diego center of la jolla sea lions scripps park old school luxury hotel an older hotel valet parking valet service
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently spent the weekend at this hotel and have to say it is truly beautiful, the rooms are large and comfortable, the bed one of the best I have ever slept in. We arrived late on a Friday night, the TV in the room was not working so a new one was brought to the room, it didn’t work either so finally a third working TV came, by this time after the drive in I was too tired to watch.
After a solid night’s sleep we were woken by the room alarm clock going off at 7am…not great for a relaxing weekend away sleep in but we did manage to get back to sleep. Around 10am headed for a lovely breakfast on the terrace, where my friend ordered a vegetarian omelet, only to find ham in it (which was a spot of trouble considering for religious reasons my friend cannot eat ham the staff were apologetic and breakfast was already on the house due to the above room problems coupled with the extremely noisy room/air-condition unit).
Next we moved to the pool, which was relaxing, fabulous and fun. The staff at the pool were amazing as too were the burgers and frozen cocktails. A great way to spend a Saturday.
Upon check out on Sunday everyone was efficient and helpful and apologized for the problems with the kitchen and the room, all was great until I got home and check my credit card statement only to find they had charged me 3 times (different amounts each time, I am now waiting to have the amounts reversed).
Even though there were some issued with my 2 night stay, I love the hotel itself, the rooms, the pool, the setting and the town, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a weekend away, just check your room’s alarm clock and bill carefully!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Pool Party -
We are grateful for your honest review and comments. We missed some important areas and apologize but we thank you for sharing many of the high points that would warrant a return - please know that we use each guest comment as a tool for improvement.
We hope you return soon - thank you!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The most wonderful hotel experience ever. It provides everything a luxury hotel could ever provide. All hotels should take notes from La V.
It transports you to another place in time. The elegance, beauty, details, staff, flowers, kindness, unpretentiousness, the setting, so thoughtfully designed, relaxing, it's transformative, like suddenly you're in the garden of Eden, a beautiful oasis! It's truly awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Transformed Guest,
Your marvelous review is the talk of our team - thank you. Our staff is inspired daily by our guest and you have given us even more drive to make magic for those who pass through our doors. A grateful team thanks you immensely - we look forward to your return.
Cheers,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Fantastic – Orgasmic - All those !!!!! Yes.. Yes, Joy…Joy, the La Valencia is truly all those things and my, now, friends in this strip can reinforce your preconceived hopes and reservation so much better than I. What can I do??? Well, perhaps get you from point A to B, if you are the one in charge of those sorts of things. One, this is a great but expensive hotel, for me hotel.com took one hundred off and I was worried that we would be sleeping with the janitor in the third lower level, but not true, eight floor with ocean view. Two, there is no parking at the hotel, there is no overnight parking in La Jolla downtown, and hotel valet is $50 per night plus tip to the guy who actually does all the work—USB building down the street (one block north) has parking in the basement levels all night. True, you cannot get your car out after 5:00PM, but also true that we suddenly needed to and they have no gates on their ramps, so sorry sucker we are from Chicago, and went in and out with no one the wiser in the AM. Three, because it is on a hill, really big hill, the street level entry to the lobby is actually the 7th floor of the hotel, if you like to stay above the lobby you need an 800 plus room number. That’s all I got for you right now.

1  Thank HelloJoeOne
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Chicago Joe,
Those are some amazing and unique review descriptions - thank you and WOW.
I would agree - $50 parking is crazy but that is NOT our valet parking rate. La V offers daily valet parking at $30 with unlimited in and out service; your car is brought to you. I would not suggest your self park option down the street (you got a bit of luck last time).
Thank you for sharing your raves - see you back in La Jolla soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Old hotel that's been updated. It's situated on a hillside which makes the property interesting to navigate as there are multiple levels and many stairs. They are dog friendly and while we didn't find a specific dog area on the property, there is a patch of grass on the side and a park situated behind the hotel. We were in an end room facing the street with no complaints. Bed was comfortable, water pressure was sufficient. Everyone was extremely friendly and responsive, room was well appointed, very clean and quiet. Walk to shopping, dining, galleries and hotel is located on a seaside cliff.

Dear Phoenix Friend -
I am happy to know that our Pet Friendly luxury hotel served you well. Our entry patio with dining options for Café la Rue and THE MED is our main pet friendly venues. The hotel fronts expansive Scripps Park and La Jolla Village offers ample locations for long walks.
Please come back soon and bring your four legged friend.
Cheers,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

we knew we were in for a treat the second we pulled into the check in parking. The pictures do not do this hotel justice, and will never show the amazing service we recieved from every single staff member while on our very special weekend . We felt so special from the greetings we received from every staff member we encountered. The hotel is a MUST VISIT destination with the great walking distance shoppping and great food at the hotel. As a Chef myself, i was taken back by the homemade sausages, and smoked hams .. way to go La Valencia Hotel , you will definately be seeing us again in the near future

Room Tip: we had room eight twenty one with full ocean views from all windows in the room

Dear Amazing Guest -
We're so pleased that La V impressed - thank you. I am especially delighted to know that the Chefs' homemade specialties' were both memorable and delicious! Both Café la Rue and THE MED restaurant offer some exceptional dining options.
Thank you again and we'll see you again soon.