La Valencia Hotel
US$258
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$275
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$189
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$237
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
US$235
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$187
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$234
  • Breakfast included
US$165
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$450
US$441
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$541
1,262 results
All reviewspink ladywhaling barcafe la ruebeautiful hotelocean viewlobby barbottle of champagnesan diegorooms are smallsea lionsla jolla covegorgeous viewsold schoolthe entire staffan older hotelvalet servicevalet parking
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had never stayed at this hotel before and I am so glad I did! This is the perfect La Jolla experience, outstanding service, incredible views and a wonderful setting reminiscent of another era. The rooms too are large and well appointed.

The setting, built into the hill leading to La Jolla cove made for a great transition from the lovely town to a feeling of isolated beauty in the pool are and surrounding grounds. The service was awesome from the first encounter with the valet to the pool maintenance staff who stopped to bring me a towel for to make me comfortable ready poolside and everyone in between that I encountered.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a luxury hotel with old world charm but at a price I feel was a great value for this experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Boston Perfect -
I am especially pleased to know that La V - and more importantly, our team - made your first experience grand; thank you. We want every stay, every time for every guest to be a rewarding and enriching experience - our guests are our passion. We look forward to your second, third and forth visits very soon!
Ciao!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I did not stay in the rooms in the hotel but went to have a glass of wine in the lobby. I have been going to this hotel since I was a child, 40 plus years and I always loved walking into the hotel. The new owners have ruined it! Instead of getting a designer that knows about the Spanish history they looked like they went to a garage sale and bought ugly furniture. There is so much they messed up I could not right it all. Giant glass elevator in the once beautiful lobby and a tacky bar. Persian palace is one way I would describe it. They are mixing asian, indian, paris and cheep tacky hotel look and not to much Spanish in the finishes and decor. It is so sad to see this happen to a beautiful landmark. I will not be going back for any reason. Too upsetting!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank lynette a
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Sad Person -
Our restaurant manager shared with me your very aggressive and hostile outburst at our hotel; quite disturbing and I imagine embarrassing for your friends. Your review is extremely misinformed and lacks significant facts and insight. Since you also indicate you did not stay at the hotel I have asked for your review to be removed.
In any event I am compelled to include some feedback to your comments which appear to be focused on our recently renovated and restored La Sala Lounge.
The restoration of this iconic room included significant research into the hotels history and evolution as well as uncovering details and designed from similar period 1920's Spanish architecture. The rooms massive painted celling panels were restored to their original 1928 design. The up-dated cross beam designs where based on research from similar renowned venues including the Santa Barbara Courthouse, Hearst Castle and the San Diego Bank & Trust Building – the commissioned artist is a native of La Jolla and her credits include The US Grant.
The carpets remain the same from previous ownership and the current furnishings were re-purposed from suites (also from previous ownership). New furnishings arrive in the coming months.
New enhancements include Mediterranean designed iron wall sconces and 2 tier specially designed wrought iron chandeliers. The former chandeliers are being restored and will be installed on the newly added terrace trellis. We have also restored the circa 1928 tile water wall which has not worked in half a century. Among other items you failed to note was the addition of medallion tile work at the base of the columns as well as Spanish tiles on the step risers - sourced from California Tile Art - awarded for authentic period materials.
The "glass" elevator you speak of is the interior enclosure for ADA accessibility - not only a requirement but a must to ensure that all guests have access to this signature lower level room and the adjoining terrace as well as the upper level mezzanine. This will soon be clad in decorative iron work which mirrors the circa 1926 entry doors of the former Los Apartamentos de Sevilla - our namesake before La V debuted in 1928. It is extremely important to us that all guests have access to our public areas.
The French décor you mention is likely that of the three Café la Rue murals which were commissioned by hotels owners in the late 1940's for the room – the same artist painted the whaling mural which we will reinstall in a new area of the hotel later this year. We worked in collaboration with the artist’s son on the new installation for this intimate street front bistro and bar.
I am sorry to know that in your 40 years of La Valencia experience you seem to know so very little about the hotels true history and evolution. I can assure you that La V is not a thing of the past - rather she is now well poised to move elegantly, confidently and with a bit more panache into a new generation of international hospitality - albeit without your patronage.
Great hotels grow greater through change and innovation - La V has mastered this for 9 decades and will continue to do so well into the future. If you would like a personal tour and detailed history lesson on La Valencia - please make time to contact me directly at 858-551-3790. If you have any real passion and sincere fondness for La V, you will also rethink your review and have it removed.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently spent the weekend at this hotel and have to say it is truly beautiful, the rooms are large and comfortable, the bed one of the best I have ever slept in. We arrived late on a Friday night, the TV in the room was not working so a new one was brought to the room, it didn’t work either so finally a third working TV came, by this time after the drive in I was too tired to watch.
After a solid night’s sleep we were woken by the room alarm clock going off at 7am…not great for a relaxing weekend away sleep in but we did manage to get back to sleep. Around 10am headed for a lovely breakfast on the terrace, where my friend ordered a vegetarian omelet, only to find ham in it (which was a spot of trouble considering for religious reasons my friend cannot eat ham the staff were apologetic and breakfast was already on the house due to the above room problems coupled with the extremely noisy room/air-condition unit).
Next we moved to the pool, which was relaxing, fabulous and fun. The staff at the pool were amazing as too were the burgers and frozen cocktails. A great way to spend a Saturday.
Upon check out on Sunday everyone was efficient and helpful and apologized for the problems with the kitchen and the room, all was great until I got home and check my credit card statement only to find they had charged me 3 times (different amounts each time, I am now waiting to have the amounts reversed).
Even though there were some issued with my 2 night stay, I love the hotel itself, the rooms, the pool, the setting and the town, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a weekend away, just check your room’s alarm clock and bill carefully!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pool Party -
We are grateful for your honest review and comments. We missed some important areas and apologize but we thank you for sharing many of the high points that would warrant a return - please know that we use each guest comment as a tool for improvement.
We hope you return soon - thank you!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The most wonderful hotel experience ever. It provides everything a luxury hotel could ever provide. All hotels should take notes from La V.
It transports you to another place in time. The elegance, beauty, details, staff, flowers, kindness, unpretentiousness, the setting, so thoughtfully designed, relaxing, it's transformative, like suddenly you're in the garden of Eden, a beautiful oasis! It's truly awesome!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Transformed Guest,
Your marvelous review is the talk of our team - thank you. Our staff is inspired daily by our guest and you have given us even more drive to make magic for those who pass through our doors. A grateful team thanks you immensely - we look forward to your return.
Cheers,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Fantastic – Orgasmic - All those !!!!! Yes.. Yes, Joy…Joy, the La Valencia is truly all those things and my, now, friends in this strip can reinforce your preconceived hopes and reservation so much better than I. What can I do??? Well, perhaps get you from point A to B, if you are the one in charge of those sorts of things. One, this is a great but expensive hotel, for me hotel.com took one hundred off and I was worried that we would be sleeping with the janitor in the third lower level, but not true, eight floor with ocean view. Two, there is no parking at the hotel, there is no overnight parking in La Jolla downtown, and hotel valet is $50 per night plus tip to the guy who actually does all the work—USB building down the street (one block north) has parking in the basement levels all night. True, you cannot get your car out after 5:00PM, but also true that we suddenly needed to and they have no gates on their ramps, so sorry sucker we are from Chicago, and went in and out with no one the wiser in the AM. Three, because it is on a hill, really big hill, the street level entry to the lobby is actually the 7th floor of the hotel, if you like to stay above the lobby you need an 800 plus room number. That’s all I got for you right now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelloJoeOne
SoCalSunsoul, General Manager at La Valencia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Chicago Joe,
Those are some amazing and unique review descriptions - thank you and WOW.
I would agree - $50 parking is crazy but that is NOT our valet parking rate. La V offers daily valet parking at $30 with unlimited in and out service; your car is brought to you. I would not suggest your self park option down the street (you got a bit of luck last time).
Thank you for sharing your raves - see you back in La Jolla soon.