“Multi-great!”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband, myself and our 2 teenagers had a fabulous stay at the Sheraton La Jolla, last week. We stayed for 5 nights in 2 rooms in the Executive Building, which has been recently updated and improved, and well worth the modest increased cost. Beds were so comfy, air conditioning worked beautifully and the room and bathroom were comfortably spacious. The restaurant, Humphrey's, served delicious food and service was excellent. The grounds were lovely and wonderfully maintained. The heated pool and deck area were clean, and poolside food and beverage service was a welcome surprise. All staff were helpful and pleasant. This Massachusetts family enjoyed a great vacation to the San Diego area!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jenbrem1
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hello jenbrem1,

Thanks for your great review! I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our newly renovated Executive Building. The remainder of our guest rooms are scheduled to follow suit by the end of the year. Thank you for your compliments of our restaurant, Humphreys, as well as the hotel grounds and staff. We will hope to welcome you back on a return visit from the East Coast!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

As a design fan I loved this place. It isn't walking distance from anything but a few shopping centers but it seems that a lot of other hotels in the area are in the same boat. The real high point to me was the 60's-70's Calafornia modern style. Rooms were typical but with wooden shutters rather than draw drapes. The hotel is built around a central area with mature palms and is quite relaxing. The lobby and restaurants are pure 70's California kind of hip and sleak. True its showing some wear with some stains on the cieling and paper pulling away from the walls at the top but with all thats going on its hardly noticeable.

Both restaurants were not bad. A late night snack at Shooters of lettuce wraps hit the spot and breakfast was good too. The fitness center was well equipped. Not 5 star but very good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hello dennis u,

Thank you for sending your comments regarding your recent stay! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the style of the hotel and also the hotel dining facilities. We are projecting to complete a renovation of our guest rooms by the end of the year to give a little facelift to our accommodations. I hope we may be able to see you again once they are complete! Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The rooms itself were nice but the hotel has a feel of a 1970's motel- not that of a Sheraton property. There are multiple buildings that are two-stories high. Being on the second floor, just know that there is only 1 elevator in between every 2 buildings. Not that big of a deal but annoying when the front desk staff indicates that there are elevators on both sides of the building and you have multiple suitcases. The hallways/ entryways seemed a little dated.

The pool was nice. There are lots of options for sun or shade.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello lucysuze,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your recent stay. My apologies for any confusion concerning the accessibility of your guest room. It is true that some buildings share an elevator but there are also buildings with their own elevators as well. I will certainly bring your comments to the attention of our Guest Relations Manager for her follow up with the Front Desk staff as a coaching opportunity. I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you on a future visit to La Jolla once our room renovations are completed later this year so that you would be able to enjoy our refreshed accommodations.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Let me give you an honest assessment of this place. As a frequent guest to SPG properties, I unfortunately wouldn’t recommend this to those looking for 4 star Sheraton quality. This hotel is just a retrofitted 2.5 star hotel with a restaurant that serves average diner food. The parking lot boarders the perimeter of the buildings and there’s a pool in the middle of the property, you can be the judge. My room was clean, but the bathroom was basic holiday-inn and the pillows were half-sized…really? My window faced the parking lot (bright perimeter lights). The front desk and staff were nice, but I would not feel comfortable recommending to my family or friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Audifanatic

Hello Audifanatic,

Thank you for sending your comments regarding your recent stay. I do apologize that you did not completely enjoy your visit. I am happy to report that we are in the midst of room renovations that are scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. These renovations of course do not change the basic layout of the property, but we do have many guests that enjoy our low-rise resort style setting. I hope that you will have wonderful travels in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to enjoy pacific beach and get out of the arizona heat for a couple days. We had a nice room. We were at the property very little but the grounds are beautiful and the pool looked nice. This hotel is within walking distance of bars and restaurants which we did take advantage of. Easy freeway access to the beach and other attractions in San Diego.

1  Thank kevin k
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hello kevin k,

Thanks for sending your comments about your recent stay. I'm so glad that the Sheraton La Jolla was a nice escape for you this summer! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went to San Diego to surprise my mom on her birthday and the hotel was only 15 minutes from where she lives. This hotel is very convenient, in a quiet location (even tho we're not too far from the freeway) and our room was large, quiet and well maintained. The grounds were well landscaped and very quiet. The restaurant was very nice and the staff was very attentive. It was quite a selection for breakfast and the Eggs Benedict was delicious and the hash browns was very tasty.

Hello BeckTom,

Thanks for your great review! I'm so happy your special visit was a success. Thank you for your compliments and we hope to see you on a return visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I were very impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. We had a beautiful, serene room that overlooked the koi pond. Fitness center, restaurants, and lobby had everything you would need.
The pool and spa were immaculate.
The rooms had a microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator - my wife and I find these amenities important to our stay.
You are within walking distance of restaurants and a great retail center that boasts a variety of shops from Whole Foods to Cold Stone Creamery!
A short, scenic 10 minute drive from the La Jolla beaches.
Cari at the front desk got us a great room and spent a lot of time trying to make our stay great - she's very helpful.
Linda, also at the front desk, was very kind and accommodating.
As Starwood members, the wife and I were given a room upgrade and we truly enjoyed it.
No compaints --- a nice place to vacation!

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the garden and koi pond or one of the larger, executive rooms.