“Lovely Stay in La Jolla”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Guelph, Canada
“Lovely Stay in La Jolla”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Booked my stay online and was very satisfied with facilities. Quiet and clean and comfortable in the center of where we wanted to be.
We stayed in one of the outer buildings and it was simply for sleeping after a long day. The room was quiet, clean and the air conditioning was almost silent.
What more can you ask for a Sheraton.
I would return

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Hello djstone,

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that the Sheraton La Jolla was a great base for your La Jolla visit. We hope to see you next time!

Revenue Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I just recently hosted a meeting for 50 people from all over the U.S. at this property, which is in a lovely, secluded and quiet location, despite its proximity to the freeway. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are clean, spacious and inviting. Staff is friendly and accommodating and made my entire group feel very welcome. The food from the catering department, restaurant and room service was all outstanding. There is a small shopping center within easy walking distance and several restaurants for those guests who didn't have a car but wanted to venture out. Bus ervice to a larger mall is only a few block's walk. The meeting went off exceptionally well and I would use this property again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mizill
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Hello mizill,

Thank you for such a great review! I am so happy that we were able to serve your group and that everyone enjoyed their stay. Thank you for the compliments to the Catering Department and the rest of the staff; I will certainly pass them along. I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you during another session or perhaps on a vacation trip next time!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This Sheraton is convenient to the adjacent shopping center with a CVS (for any of the basic necessities), Whole Foods (we made several visits!), Peet's Coffee (friendly service, great coffee), and Sprinkles Gourmet Cupcakes (yum!). It was an easy drive to La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Shores, and it's easily accessible to the highway for trips to downtown San Diego and to Mira Mesa.
The room was samll, a bit dated and dark, but clean and comfortable. We were sad that we didn't have a balcony/patio from our room (the 700's). The workout room was also small.
It's a nice place for a stopover trip, and there were several soccer teams staying for a weekend tournament, but I wouldn't go there for an extended family vacation.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a patio or balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Hello PJG66,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and easy access to the neighboring shopping center. I do apologize that your room expectations were not met. We unfortunately do not feature any rooms with balconies, but we do have a select few rooms with patios, namely on our Club Floor. Should you decide to make a return visit please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist with booking a patio room for you. We wish you wonderful travels.

kruskofsky@sheratonlj.com
Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Not what I expected from Sheraton. Clean and comfortable rooms but it is not as nice the high rise Marriott across the street at the same price point by a long. No lobby area and it feels like a roadside resort.

• Stayed August 2013
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hello International-Dov,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your recent stay. I do apologize that this may have not been the right hotel for you. We do have many guests that enjoy our low-rise resort style layout, but I can certainly understand that it may not be for everyone. We wish you wonderful travels in the future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Arrived at 3 pm, thinking it was early, only to find out that check-in starts at 3 pm. Please see attached photo of the sign that greets you in the lobby. The front desk person said my room wasn't ready. Nothing more frustrating then waiting after official check-in time for a room that should be ready. She said it would be ready in 10-15 min. I waited patiently for 30 minutes with no follow-up. When I returned and talked to another front desk person, it was somehow ready. Terrible service to greet a guest on the first night of the stay. The hotel itself is old and looks old, but the rooms have been updated. They would be better served to update the rest of the hotel. Pool was nice, but cheap, thin towels to dry off. The breakfast was good. Overall, between the initial greeting and the age of the hotel, I will find a better option on my next time through La Jolla.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool, if not you will be looking at the parking lot. Also only 2 floors, get...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Hello natedawg4040,

Thank you for sending your comments regarding your recent stay. I do apologize that your initial experience was not up to the true Sheraton standard we strive to provide. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to research your reservation and see what the delay was with having your guest room ready and try my best to make it right for you at this point. We do appreciate your comments and hope we may have another opportunity to give you a fantastic stay next time.

kruskofsky@sheratonlj.com
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed in a junior suite for three nights and it was very comfortable for a family of four (2 boys ages 5 & 7). The kids enjoyed the pool and my husband liked walking to Peet's for his morning coffee. Nice location, convenient to most attractions. The bath tub did have some draining issues, but that was addressed promptly, with a call to follow up with us to make sure the problem was fixed to our satisfaction. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Hello CA94566,

Thank you for sending in your comments regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the hotel grounds and location. My apologies for the issue with the bathtub; I am glad to know that the issue was taken care of quickly and efficiently for you. We hope your travels will bring you to stay with us again!

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Beautifully maintained grounds and well-appointed rooms. Executive Bldg. is lovely. Could use more front desk staff (many times there was only one person there, and several guests waiting, and our bill was not slipped beneath our door prior to check-out). Chose this hotel for its central location, decent rates and amenities; did not use the pool but wish we'd had time to.

Room Tip: Ask for the Executive Building.
Hello Sheri888,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found your guest room well-appointed. I do apologize for any delay at the Front Desk; we will certainly work to make sure that the correct level of staffing is available at all times. I am happy that your stay was successful and we will hope to see you back soon!