Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,462 results
All reviewswhole foodsthe club loungekoi pondshooters barfront deskspg memberplantation shutterssan diegoroom keybeautiful groundsminute drivepool and hot tubnice pooltorrey pinesucsdhumphreyswilliam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was traveling for work. All of the hotels that were specifically recommended were sold out. This one seemed fine based on online reports, so booked here. This is not set up like a typical Sheraton. It is spread out resort style. Rooms are located across multiple two level buildings which are arranged around a pool area. Property itself is not very large. Business services quite limited. Room service was fine. Several of the front desk people were extremely friendly and helpful. Would consider staying there again for a family or personal trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Elaine H
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hello Elaine H,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that the hotel worked well for your stay. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and hope that we may be able to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple nights and got an upgrade which was nice. The suite is nothing spectacular, just more room. The location is not near downtown La Jolla. The location is alright though as it's next to Whole Foods and some other stores. But what is up with the pool towels?! What a joke. They are the size of a bath mat. Management needs to seriously upgrade the towels. Till then use the towels from your room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TrvlrRob,

Thank you for sending your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased that we were able to upgrade your guest room and hope that you found value in our accommodations as we strive to provide a great value for guests who want to be in proximity to the La Jolla/San Diego area attractions. We will certainly take a look into our pool towel inventory and see where we may be able to improve. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

It is a nice Resort located in the heart of La Jolla ....
This is the only Starwood property in La Jolla and really enjoyed my stay here ...
PROS :
1.) Check In is smooth and staff is friendly
2.) I am a platinum SPG member and can comfortably say the room service is one of the best in this hotel.....
3.) Nice pool and ambiance...
4.) I stayed in the suite and found them to be very comfortable and clean ....

CONS :
1.) It is a big resort and they should really put up proper sign boards so that folks checking in first time do not get lost ..especially at night ( as it happened with me )...
2.) Staff is technically challenged ..I found out my TV was not working when checked in late at night ..and they only replaced it in morning ....as they were not able to fix it ...

Overall nice hotel and will stay here again is possible ....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello Abhishek S,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments to your guest room and the hotel grounds as well as the staff and the dining offerings. I do apologize that there was a technical issue with your television and I am glad that a replacement was provided when the issue was not able to be repaired in the room. We hope to see you on a return visit very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Sheraton La Jolla is not in La Jolla.

Let’s get this out of the way first. La Jolla Village is a planned development next to the interstate and across from the UCSD campus. It’s perfectly fine in a Potemkin way. But, if you were thinking this property is on the famed coast in real village of La Jolla - - be warned.

That said, this is a really nice place.

The hotel is a renovated 50-60ish motel-like property built around a courtyard and pool with lush vegetation. The rooms are impossibly small but a nice respite from the even more absurdly small bathrooms. (Families beware). And for some crazy reason the decorators chose a wallpaper for the hotel hallways that looks like cinder blocks as if the reinforce the date of the structure.

Wait - - you may be asking….why I like it?

The rooms have been renovated and are quite handsomely decorated with nice crisp bedding. Service is friendly and efficient and the location is great…if you are doing business in the “Lo Jolla business district” …where many large law firms, banks, accountancies etc are located. I’m a Starwood fan so this is a good choice. The owners have maximized the reto property and it works.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Pete312,

Thank you for sending in your comments. We certainly do try to keep the hotel in the best shape possible, so thank you for your compliments in regards to our upkeep. We hope to provide great value for guests with business in the area or who are looking for a vacation home base with easy access to San Diego attractions, so I'm glad to hear that you agree! We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton of La Jolla this past week for a business trip and I was pleased with the hotel and stay. They have complimentary wifi which was a huge bonus to me and considering that the previous hotel I stayed at was charging me ~12 a day. I find that to be much more reasonable considering i'm paying between 160-200 a night for a room. This hotel, logistically speaking, was much easier to get in/out of and the staff was great. I will say that the food, while decent, was not awesome and there was no breakfast included.

Overall I would definitely stay at this hotel again and will likely be doing that next time I visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Trent L,

Thank you for sending your review! I am glad to hear that you had a successful stay. Thank you for your compliments to the staff and we will look forward to seeing you on a return visit.