“Superb Service. Convenient, yet tranquil”

Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice hotel. We had a wonderful room with a patio that opened up to a wooded area. The grounds and pool are lovely for a regular hotel. The staff was great. What a great relief from the las vegas heat. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a patio.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hello SANDY S,

Thanks for your great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to beat the heat! We appreciate all of your compliments and hope to see you again very soon.

Revenue Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great La Jolla location just of freeway, provides easy access to La Jolla and Mission beaches. Older, but well-maintained property with larger than average rooms (in our wing). Standard Starwood "heavenly beds" always a pleasure to come back to at night.

Dining area was fine, but needs more California wine choices. Karaoke night was so bad it was good! Bring snacks to feed the fish in the koi pond.

Room Tip: Our back wing (1000 series) may have had bigger rooms. A room overlooking the central garden beats...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert L
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello Robert L,

Thanks for your review! I was glad to read that you enjoyed your guest room and the hotel facilities. We certainly appreciate your feedback and will hope to see you on a return visit very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We checked in late and only stayed one night, so I don't have much to say, but I would definitely stay there again, hopefully longer the next time. The staff was great! Especially since we got there around 11:30pm and I had forgotten to request a crib earlier, but they got one into my room within 10 minutes. Very nice after a long day! It was clean and comfortable and in what looked like a very nice area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Leah V,

Thanks for sending in your review! I am happy to read that your stay was pleasant and that the staff was able to quickly assist with your needs. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you on your next visit to La Jolla!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

It is an older hotel but it is very conveniently located. There are two small shopping center within walkable distance and some of the restaurant closed at 2am on weekend, plus a few grocery stores. The staff and maintence of this hotel is excellent and we have a very nice birthday weekend at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello WWglobal,

Thanks for your compliments! I am happy that you were able to spend a special birthday celebration with us. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was the first time I've stayed at this property. A bit too spread out for my taste. Seems to be more of a family type property than a business property. Having said that the staff at the front desk were very nice. Guest services called me to make sure my room met with my approval. Room service was prompt and the food tasty. The Club Lounge was small but convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Marwalker2,

Thanks for sending in your review! I am sorry that the hotel layout wasn't the right fit for you, but I am happy to read that you did have a successful visit and that the staff were a positive part of your stay. We hope that you may decide to stay with us again and we wish you wonderful travels in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had to book several rooms and prepay them for numerous guests coming from out of town for a local conference. The guests and the dates kept changing but Kate the Revenue Manager was wonderful to work with. She provided me with the invoices for prepayment and accommodated me whenever I had a change. She was polite, friendly, extremely efficient, and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend the Sheraton La Jolla and my office will continue to use this hotel for our guests. Thank you Kate for your outstanding customer service!!!

1  Thank Laura C
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello Laura C,

Thanks so much for your compliments! It is my pleasure to serve your department and we very much appreciate your business. Looking forward to hearing from you next time!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a great hotel to stay for visiting UCSD. The campus is within walking distance. This stay, there was no late night noises - from neighbors.The comfortable beds and the window shutters made for a great sleep for this one-nighter. Friendly lobby staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello John L,

Thanks for your second review! I am happy to hear that you had a restful stay. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and will hope to see you for another visit soon.