Sheraton La Jolla Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$248
US$235
  • Breakfast included
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$142
  • Restaurant
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$378
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$421
US$374
Official Site
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$209
  • Pool
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$430
US$397
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$141
Hotwire.com
1,474 results
All reviewswhole foodsthe club loungekoi pondshooters barfront deskspg memberplantation shutterssan diegoroom keybeautiful groundsminute drivepool and hot tubnice pooltorrey pinesucsdhumphreyswilliam
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped here for 4 days on a short visit to San Deigo and we were pleasantly surprised since it was only a 3.5 star hotel. Check-in was quick but parking is a whopping $13/day. There were cars parked along the drive up but spaces were few and the walk is not easy so we opted to pay. Thank goodness internet is free.

Rooms are nicely appointed and they even have a microwave which makes traveling with young kids slightly easier. Be aware, however, if you want your room cleaned during the day, you need to call the front desk and reserve a time especially if you're at the end of the hall. They clean the checkout rooms first and wouldn't have cleaned our room until 4pm unless we called and notified them first.

My daughters LOVED the pool and the koi ponds in the back. The pool has an expansive shallow area that they can walk around in and my little rooster loves taking walks around the pond at 6:30am. Gave us something to do that early. There's vending machines throughout the facility and even an ice cream vending one but it was conveniently broken to my chagrin. Also, it would have been nice for them to offer free coffee in the lobby or public area to the guests but they make you pay $2.25/cup. It's these small features that really make my stay pleasant. For those needing a rental car, enterprise is conveniently located downstairs.

The staff was very pleasant, no complaints there. Location is a little north of La Jolla but an easy 5 min drive to everything. Its about 15min drive into San Diego and the sea port area. All in all, I would stay again.

Room Tip: There are weddings and other events during the weekend so, if you don't want the noise, get a room away from the pool and courtyard area.
3  Thank mainlinenewb
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello mainlinenewb,

Thank you for sending in your comments from your recent stay! I was happy to read that you had an enjoyable visit with us. We do strive to provide a great value in La Jolla, and I trust that you found that even with the few "extras" we still offer that great value compared to other hotel options in our immediate area. I hope that your travels will bring you back and that you and your family will opt to stay with us again!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently went on a trip to California with two of my friends. We stayed at this hotel and it was quaint and clean. I actually left my shorts there and I live in NY. Veronica went out of her way to send me back my shorts which was really nice of her. Excellent service!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Kim Y,

Thanks for your great review! I am so glad to read that you had an enjoyable visit and especially pleased that our Housekeeping Manager, Veronica, was able to assist with getting your lost item back to you. I will certainly pass along your compliments! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Each time we stay here we find new things wrong but the Hotel is conveniently located and even though it is over $200 a night it is still the cheaper one in the area, so you get what you pay for. Even though a "Preferred Quest" we were given a room right at the end of the building. Outside door would not work on room key so we had to go to the other end of the building each time to enter. Fridge in room extremely noisy so had to unplug. Had to get housekeeping to provide shampoo. Staff friendly. .

Hello Nigel F,

Thank you for sending in your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. Should you like to set up a return stay I would be happy to assist personally to ensure your next stay is a success. We would appreciate the opportunity to show you the very best of the Sheraton La Jolla experience. I hope to hear from you soon.

kreighard@sheratonlj.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014

What was the outward appearance? On the side of the I-5 and apparently next to a shopping plaza. However, a big HOWEVER, once you enter the grounds, the feel is totally different. Lush barely begins to describe the landscaping. I faced the road just off the ext ramp from the highway...and I could not see the road! The room was quiet and nicely appointed with louvered shutters, nice beds with top quality linens, and great ventilation. The pool was wonderful and had more of a resort feel than I expected. One minor detractor: where we're the benches on h grounds? Would be nice to sit by the little pond or under the trees. Great service in Humphrey's and thanks to Linda at the front desk.

Room Tip: The ones facing pool would be prettiest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Sibyl B,

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear that the hotel was a nice surprise during your stay. We appreciate your compliments to the hotel grounds and the guest rooms and I will certainly pass along your kudos to the Humphreys staff and our Front Desk Agent, Linda, as well. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the time we checked in and our room was ready early, to the bellman/greeter, to the driver that helped us around town, and the hostess of the happy hour Saturday night.

Everyone and everything was incredible, and the room was AWESOME!

We will definitely be back and I recommend this property to anyone traveling to San Diego/La Jolla area.

Room Tip: We were in Building 9 in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
lajollasheraton, Manager at Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Greg D,

Thanks for your great review! We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that the staff and your guest room were great! Thanks for your kind compliments and we will hope to see you on a return visit very soon.