Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$348
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$187
US$170
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$281
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$165
  • Pool
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$140
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$397
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
1,158 results
All reviewstop floorcusp restaurantwine hourfloor restaurantfree bikesrooms face the oceanocean viewminute walk to the beachmandatory valet parkingbusy roadoutdoor barvalet stafffloor roomsan diegofire pitkimptoncurios
Reviewed 4 August 2013

What a beautiful hotel and wonderful location! Lobby is decorated appropriately in a retro Cali kind of way - very chic. Pool and outdoor areas are amazing. Love all the fire pits, torches & indoor/outdoor fireplaces on the property - makes you want to stay put and relax. However, we wanted to explore La Jolla and loved how easy it was to walk to beach / kayaking activities. Bikes are complimentary if you prefer riding. Main part of La Jolla is about 1 mile away and parking is sketchy so Hotel La Jolla offers complimentary "shuttle" service - one of their friendly & knowledgable valets drove us back & forth in a great hotel SUV - we just texted him when we were ready to be picked up and he was there in 5 minutes. Ate at the hotel restaurant on the top floor. The ocean views were breathtaking and the restaurant was just as chic as the rest of the property. We didn't go to the bar but would have loved to it was THAT beautiful! Food was delicious (try the chicken). Our room was great. It appears that every room has an ocean view but I'm not sure. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Request as high floor for a better vista
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Shannon F, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Ummm…anniedemose=AMAZING should be the name of this review! Thanks so much for your feedback! Your review was absolutely wonderful to read and I am so grateful you chose us for your visit. It sounds like you had a blast during your exploration of La Jolla and I am so happy we were able to be part of it. Thank you again and we can’t wait for you to return!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

While the hotel is beautiful and the staff is extremely friendly, there were unfortunately some major problems that could not be overlooked (although it should be noted: the hotel manager did her best to address our problems and offer us discounts, so we definitely give credit for that).

Our biggest problems were the dirty sheets upon checking in, and the generally neglectful staff. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived about an hour after check-in time, and we could see from the outdoor lounge that our room (402) was being cleaned in a hurry by housekeeping staff (room is slightly visible from the end of the lounge). The valet inexplicably couldn't take our car when arriving, because there were no luggage carts (I'm not sure why this prevented him from taking our keys and parking our car?). So my wife stood in the parking lot waiting, while I stood in the lobby waiting... In their defense, they offered complimentary drinks to compensate for the inconvenience, but then promptly neglect to serve us the drinks! I had to remind the staff later about the drinks, which they did eventually bring us.

It was only around 3am that we noticed the sheets hadn't been changed from the previous guests (we hadn't noticed earlier, due to a busy day and general exhaustion, and the fact that we EXPECT clean sheets when checking into a hotel!!). We happened to wake up at that time, and noticed a faint sweat smell. Further examination showed sand or crumbs on the sheets. We knew this couldn't have been us, because the dirt was also in areas of the sheets that we hadn't disturbed (there was more bed surface-area than we needed, since we were traveling with two small kids, and we didn't sleep on the entire 2 beds). We informed the staff the next day, and in the afternoon we were told that the sheets had been changed... They were NOT. We then asked again that they be changed, and they FINALLY were changed. Neglectful!

It's beyond me how a 4 star hotel can overlook something so basic as changing bedsheets when new guests are checking in. It's also beyond me how they could not address this issue when we notified them, on our 2nd day. As I said: Neglectful. The valet neglects to serve us when we first arrive; the housekeeping staff neglects to change our sheets when checking in, the staff neglects to change the sheets when informed of the problem, the staff neglects to serve us our free drinks after offering them to us, as well as other neglectful (but more minor) problems which I won't go into here.

The only saving grace was that the hotel was really nice, the staff extremely friendly, and the manager did make an effort to make it up to us. But it doesn't change the fact that we slept on bedsheets used by the previous guests. We ended up checking out early because of this experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear 514Mike,
Yikes and ouch both apply to this review, it was a tough one to read. I am so sorry this was your experience but thank you for your honesty and candor in describing your room and stay. It sounds like we really missed the mark in just about every aspect of your stay and have a lot of work to do. As a result of your comments, we have implemented some new processes and procedures to ensure a situation like this does not repeat. I hope we have the opportunity to have you back and change your mind about all you encountered – we really want you to like us! Please contact me anytime at shannon.foster@hotellajolla.com so we can review.
Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We staid for one night.
The belboys were very nice.
The hotel is really beautiful designed.
The room was lovely. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was nice and clean, a very big flat screen tv.
Overall, a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

You are a gem, Tal A! Thanks so much for the kind words, short, sweet and to the point! We have a great team here and I am so happy to see you had such wonderful interactions with them during your visit. Have a great summer and I hope you come back this way soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I am a huge Kimpton fan, to the point where if there is a Kimpton in town, I pretty much stop looking and just stay there. The hotels a hip and fun, with great amenities and superb staff and service.

It's also fun to see what they can do with old hotels to moderize and make them fun. This hotel is a classic building from probably the 60s. Before their retrofit, I imagine a cold-war-stylized, brutal cement blight, but they have done their magic again. The approach (a little hard to find their driveway, but nothing to be done at this La Jolla intersection) is lit with cool firepits and once you approach you realize that of course it's a Kimpton. Standard great service, dogs and wine happy hour.

Given what they have to work with, the lobby, sitting area/bar and pool area are fine, but let's face it, not a 5 star. slightly cramped, not much is close by (there is a Subway and Starbucks right next door), so be prepared to drive to most everything. The outdoor walkways will evoke a 1970 high-rise motel deja vu for those old enough to remember this stuff, but the walk is brief and you are soon in a wonderful Kimpton room. Mine had a glass shower stall that actually allowed a view of the ocean while showering, which was cool.

The view rooms are pretty awesome, so opt for one of those.

All and all, this will be my go to place in La Jolla, so give it a try.

Room Tip: get a view up high
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank you gsbdiver for the 4 Stars! I’m so happy you enjoyed the magic done on our jewel and found our staff to be nothing short of your expectation of Kimpton. I'm pleased to see that you'll be visiting us again when you travel to La Jolla, that means so much to hear that! Feel free to sit back, relax and let our phenomenal valet team shuttle you around town in our hotel car during your next visit, that way you don't have to worry about driving everywhere.

I hope to meet you on your next visit to La Jolla!

Cheers!

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel La Jolla for 2 days and loved every minute of it. The valet staff was over the top friendly and helpful. Loved having the boogie boards for our daughters to take to the beach. The walk La Jolla beach was so easy!
The pool bar, fire pits and the outdoor movie offered a great place for the adults a great place to relax after exploring.
This stay was booked through Priceline, but we will definitely return on our own when back in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013

Oh with5, what a wonderful review! I'm so happy to see that your girls were able to get their boogie on and that you enjoyed the movie in Hiatus. We have introduced a variety of elements over the last several months and it is so much fun to see that guests like you are enjoying them. I hope you can come back to visit us again soon.

Cheers!