Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton
US$224
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$304
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$231
  • Pool
San Diego Marriott La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$213
  • Restaurant
Inn by the Sea(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
US$285
US$143
  • Breakfast included
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$344
US$267
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$187
1,151 results
All reviewstop floorcusp restaurantwine hourfloor restaurantfree bikesrooms face the oceanocean viewminute walk to the beachmandatory valet parkingbusy roadoutdoor barvalet stafffloor roomsan diegofire pitkimptoncurios
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were welcomed by friendly and helpful staff at the la jolla hotel. Our marvelous room at the eight floor offers a splendid view over the la jolla beach. The room is comfortable, clean and calm. We enjoyed our stay at the la jolla kimpton hotel. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: The eight floor offers a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine B
Shannon F, General Manager at Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you Nadine B for the 5 STAR Review. I am so happy to see that our staff had such a wonderful impact on your stay. I am so lucky to work with this team each and everyday! I can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

La Jolla has a downtown shopping village, a newer big hotel and mall area up on top of the cliffs near UCSD, but La Jolla Shores is its own little village with three hotels, three good restaurants, and the best public beach in the area. The Beach Club and The Shores are right on the sand, but Hotel La Jolla is three blocks away and recently modernized by Kimpton. A hipper vibe, more dog pets than toddlers, live music in the evening on the patio, and a wonderful view from the 11th Floor bar/restaurant. Our rooms were decent sized and modern and clean.

There can be a fair amount of noise from street traffic, dogs, a hip people who stay out late. But it's a very good choice if you don't have to be right on the beach and usually more reasonable as a result. Free bikes for guests to use also! And a Starbucks right next door.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be the same; they face the ocean and therefore the busy street in front. Get high up and maybe it's quieter....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank L Frank

Oh L Frank from Texas, thank you for the 4 STAR Review! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel so much on your recent visit to La Jolla. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TA Nation! I can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Hotel La Jolla is just a short walk from several restaurants and the ocean. The hotel was nicely furnished and our room had a nice view of the ocean. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. They provided restaurant recommendations and advice on activities in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better the view - if you are on about the 4th-5th floor or lower I dont think you would have an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Oh gdawh10 what a perfect review, thank you! Reading your review is so gratifying, especially seeing that the staff had such a wonderful impact on your stay. We truly have the best team in town and I'm so happy to see you feel the same as I do. I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a very stylish hotel with a lot to commend it - but one drawback. Let's hear the good things first. Staff were uniformly and unfailingly helpful and friendly. Our room was on 9th floor with sea view and was clean and very well appointed. The Queen beds were very comfortable and everything worked properly. The lobby, pool area and courtyard areas all looked great and were well kept. We ate at the top floor restaurant and enjoyed our breakfasts and dinners. The view of the sunset is not to be missed - last night the sun was half-set on the horizon at 7:15 and the remainder took about 3 minutes to disappear. I'll film it tonight before we leave tomorrow it was that good. The bar is strong on cocktails - I tried a few and all were good.

So what is not to like? There can be, as others, have noted, a noise problem. Despite the hotel adjoining a couple of busy highways we were not troubled by traffic noise or by other guests - in fact in early April it is remarkably quiet at night. The trouble is the hotel building itself. Some commentators here have suggested paper thin walls - but I think that view is mistaken and that the problem stems from the rigidity of the reinforced concrete shell which was constructed before the acoustic breaks that are common in modern hotel construction were installed. I found myself woken at 1:30am by the sound of chairs being moved and floors vacuumed in the restaurant two floors above. I assumed the restaurant must be on the floor immediately above but that was not the case - these cleaning sounds and bumps in the night continued for a couple of hours. Next morning the front desk was willing to change my room but when I realised that it was likely any room below the restaurant would suffer this problem and the only way to avoid it would be to choose a room in an adjacent block with no sea view, I stuck with what we had and suffered the inconvenience. I thought about docking a star for this but did not do so since my companion was not so inconvenienced and this was something beyond the power of staff to remedy. Part of the problem stems from the restaurant having an I carpeted floor and the chairs being of a heavy wooden construction.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Julian K

What a genuine and kind review, Julian K! Thank you so much for the 5 STARS! It sounds like you had a great stay, despite the noise you experienced from the restaurant. I'm sorry that you you could hear that noise in your room, I will follow up with our cleaning crew to ensure we are being as quiet as possible moving forward. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed everything else about your visit, I agree that those views are not to be missed! Thank you again for the wonderful review, I hope you'll come back and see us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'd enjoyed my stay at the Kimpton River Place in Portland so much than when heading to San Diego, I decided to see if they had a hotel in San Diego. Hotel La Jolla is just north of the City of San Diego and is in a beautiful setting. From the moment you arrive and the valets greet you, to the wait staff in the restaurant, and the management, you feel more like you are at a bed and breakfast than an 11-story hotel. Modern, yet warm, the hotel design is a nice change of pace from the big-chain, cookie-cutter feel. The Cusp, the restaurant on the 11th floor, has views that are spectacular and service that is a friendly welcome from stuffy upscale hotel restaurants. The food is wonderful and a different fare. (Get the flatiron steak if you like beef!) This property is not cheap, but you get what you pay for: great service, the most comfortable beds and rooms, excellent food, vistas, and walking distance to La Jolla Shores.

Room Tip: All rooms face west, but be sure to ask for a room "above the tree line" so you can see the Pacific. Sleep with the slider closed because in the morning, trucks delivering to the businesses nextdoor make a lot of noise. Or bring earplugs. Dogs are welcome here, so if you have a pet allergy, ask for a non-dog room. If you're going to eat at the Cusp, make reservations and make them for sunset time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

JoPedStale=AWESOME should be the title of this review! Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience with us. I am so happy to see you had such a wonderful visit and thank you for the props for our team, they are the best! We can't wait to have you with us again soon!