“Always dependable and good”
Review of Piatti - La Jolla

Piatti - La Jolla
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti - La Jolla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
West Chicago, Illinois
“Always dependable and good”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Piatti is a great stop to dine if you are looking for dependable Italian food with good service. It is located in an area where it may be difficult to park but just keep trying and you will find a spot - and it's near the beach. The menu is varied enough; risotto, lasagne, several types of pasta with vegetables or fish or meat sauce. Most if not all entrees come with a side of pasta. There is an outside eating area courtyard as well as the inside. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Boston, Michigan
“Ask for a table in the courtyard”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I truly enjoyed our meal here. We ate in the courtyard which was beautiful. The bread is delicious as was my meal. I was here for business but this would make for a nice romantic date night.

• Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had lunch and dinner at this restaurant over the course of a week. A true hidden treasure mere blocks from the beaches. The staff were super friendly, the food was incredible and the restaurant was everything you'd expect and more!!

Visited May 2014
“Wonderful Atmosephere”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a graduation dinner at Piatti with seven people. I was expecting it to be expensive because it was La Jolla, but it was very reasonable for the location. We waited in the bar for the whole party to arrive (Drinks were a good price, too). We had reservations and were seated promptly at our scheduled time. I love that they leave bottles of water on the table. Everybody liked what they ordered. My only complaint was that the food items didn't have names or even numbers. I ordered some sort of pinwheel pasta with spinach and it was outstanding. The service was also excellent. This is a must visit if in La Jolla. Remember to plan in time to walk around the area after dinner. It is beautiful.

• Visited May 2014
Columbus, Georgia
“Seriously Satisfying”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Great wine list. The olive oil and balsamic with seasoning and tons of bread right when you sit down is excellent. We got a salad and pizza since we weren't too hungry and it hit the spot. My beau got the pizza with the sweet sauce, I can't remember what, but it was to die for. I had the salad with feta cheese in it. The dressing was a little too tart in my opinion, but overall it was wonderful. We got white chocolate gelato and coffees for dessert. They were both excellent. I'd recommend this place for sure!

Visited May 2014