“Excellent”

Goldfish Point Cafe
Ranked #491 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent view, friendly staff, excellent food & very big portions for a great price! Definitely recommend if you're going to the cove.

1  Thank Nicole D

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Great for a quick sandwich and a view! If you like beer, Cory and Jason will steer you to some local brews to suite your taste-very knowledgeable and enthusiastic!

1  Thank happypaddler519
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I rank this place based mostly on location and view, plus a mix of nostalgia. I used to go here all the time when I lived in San Diego. It's hidden away from the main tourist trap of downtown La Jolla, and it has an incredible view--I've never been to the Mediterranean, but I imagine it looks much like the view from here. I never really tried much of the food, but I took in a fair share of the coffee, which was fine-nothing spectacular, but not watery. I would set up here for hours with friends, playing cards or reading. I would also set up by myself to read or study. It was a great place on clear, sunny days, and even better on overcast, foggy days. A short walk from the cove and the water.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Coffee excellent when we stumbled upon it on first day in La Jolla and we returned for breakfast on the second day. Breakfast was good accompanied by nice music selection played at just the right volume.

1  Thank mon2
Reviewed 7 July 2013

While riding bikes into and around lajolla cove, we stumbled upon this small sandwich shop. Because our rental facility forgot to give us locks we couldn't go into any of the main restaurants along prospect st. With an outstanding view of the cove, the three of us sat at a small table right by our bikes. The shop is open air so you can enjoy the beautiful weather. I had the tuna salad sandwich that comes with goldfish, as all sandwiches do. My wife had the turkey on wheat and my son had the turkey on artisan bread. All sandwiches were fresh and large. good food with an outstanding place to people watch.