“Great tour, but a few minor problems”
Review of We Love Tourists

and up
Balboa Park Segway Tour
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 Hours Being a Kid Again!We Love Tourists shares the best San Diego Tours. Unique, Fun, and Memorable showcasing: La Jolla where you can feel California at the Scenic Shores, The Village/Shopping/Prospect, Jaw-dropping Homes, Legendary Surf Spots. From our San Diego location you can take in the sights of downtown from the Gaslamp Quarter, to the San Diego Harbor or cruise up to the beautiful Balboa Park and learn about the gardens, museums, and the world famous San Diego Zoo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great tour, but a few minor problems”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

The Segway tour experience was amazing for first-timers, but they changed the itinerary without asking us our opinion. James was our tour-guide and he gave us a pleasant tour. All together, it was a fun experience, but it would have been better if we actually saw what we paid for.

1 Thank Lisa B

• Polish first
Reno, Nevada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Whee”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We'd never done a segway tour before. When I saw people on them I always thought they just stood on them and away they went. I was therefore surprised when my husband climbed aboard one and was forced to balance himself. Whoa! Needless to say, it ended up being easier than I anticipated and boy was it a blast!! So...much...FUN! What a fantastic way to see the city. Our tour was two hours long and it was simply a wonderful experience. We had so much fun in fact, that when we come back to San Diego we plan on booking another tour with this company. They did a great job explaining how to use the segways but moreover, the tour with James was peppered with anecdotes and good humor.

Marietta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Segway tour of San Diego is so much fun!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Eight of us did a Segway tour of San Diego. The tour was led by James and Bridgette. They took the time to teach us the use of the Segway, then took us on an incredible ride. I would highly recommend this tour.

2 Thank L6p2h
Tucson
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highlight of our San Diego Trip!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My two teenage sons have wanted to do a Segway tour forever. We finally did one and were not disappointed! We had such a blast! We chose the La Jolla tour, as recommended by the employee we booked with when questioned what teens might like the best. I am so glad this is the tour we did. Downtown might have been more stop and go due to pedestrians, cars and stop lights. Here in La Jolla we were really able to pick up the speed and I was more able to relax about my 14 yr olds safety with cars etc.Our tour guide Todd was very knowledgeable and conscientious of our safety and making sure we felt comfortable. He had a lot of information on the area which made the tour more interesting. The only disappointment is that the pictures I had him take with my camera didn't take. I am not sure what happened and thankfully one of the times he offered to take a shot of my family I gave him my phone, that is the only picture we have of us all. Well worth the money...highly recommend. We will be doing this on our travels more often!

1 Thank shellyb72
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had never been on a Segway prior to our visit and were a little scared to be honest. James, our guide made it very simple to understand the functions of the Segway as well
As the do's and don't s in having a fun, safe experience. They offer a great trip at better than most pricing. We only visit la jolla once a year, and now we will add this tour to our annual list. Thanks again for a great experience.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank HiEndTight

Been to We Love Tourists? Share your experiences!