“Good food and view”

Cuisines: Asian
San Diego, California
“Good food and view”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place is right in the heart of downtown La Jolla with the ocean view from the window side tables. Good selection of Korean food and free salad bar with kimchi, roasted garlic, onions etc. The dishes are delicious and the portions are filling with reasonable prices. Give it a try...

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Cypress, California
“Decent food, oceanview, great service and side dishes @ unbelievable price”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

So glad we had our early dinner here on 9/15 ( the day San Diego Restaurant Week starts!), despite the couple bad one star reviews, I have the bad habit, whenever too many good 4~5 star reviews, I read the bad one 1st, in this case, I found the bad ones were totally untrue (we suspect done by jealous competitors, don't like the threat to their redicilous high prices ! ) Both my husband and me drove from OC here for the restaurant week, but were disappointed even though it advertised as a week starting from 9/15, that's for dinner only, lunch starts 9/16, how misleading? We booked a room at La Valencia, close to some participating restaurants we'd like to try, and not happy about the lunch won't start till 9/16, why so and why not mentioned anywhere ? Is it so the participating restaurants can still make a little more money on Sunday brunches? then please make it be known, inform us before we decide to make a trip for this event! Not by hiding the fact till we're seated in Crab Catcher for lunch!

So disgusted, we abandoned our plan, instead going to Nine Ten for dinner, we walked down Prospect and found a lively Irish restaurant, offering a 3-course 1.5 pound lobster dinner for less than $30, it's noisly packed, and this Little Korea across the street, with view of the ocean, seems a lot quieter, and loads of good reviews.

We're early to grab the best table facing the ocean, got the most enjoyable service from the lady (owner? Owner's wife?). She's so friendly, attentive, checked on us 5+ times, if we needed anything, and we certainly did not feel MSG was used, we did not get thirsty anytime post dinner (hahaha, not after soup and beer.), and with the maybe owner lady's help, we did our 1st Yelp check-in, and honestly, my fav seafood tofu soup, loads of tender juicy good sized bay shrimps (no hated peeling), clams and squid rings, our entries were just icing on the cake, yummy as other reviews, loved the serve your self side dish, we're satisfied, happily walked back to the pelican and seal abundant Coast Walk, and perfect timing for a beautiful sunset for a beautiful day in La Jolla! Thanks to Little Korea!

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent little surprise - love the kimchi and roasted garlick”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Take a chance and walk up the stairs to "Little Korea" in La Jolla. My wife and I were looking for something different for dinner and saw Little Korea. The service was great and the food was good also - you can help yourself to a small salad bar and pile up the kimchi and roasted garlic (there are several other options also available). We liked it so much we went back the next day but they decided to shut early - bummer!

Visited September 2013
Southlake, Texas
“Yuck!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The galbi was OK, the bulgogi was inedible. What more is to be said? I don't know, but TA requires 50 characters.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“I liked the All you can Eat Side Korean Side Dishes Buffet”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I liked the All you can Eat Side Korean Side Dishes Buffet. Most of the time, Korean restaurants provide side dishes with the primary meal. Little Korea created a buffet so you go up and get your own side dishes as often as you want. I got the Kalbi beef several times during my stay in La Jolla and enjoyed the marinade.

• Visited June 2013