“Great nachos!!”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Mustangs & Burros is a classic Territorial Ranch style restaurant with a cozy and intimate dining room, featuring a spacious patio reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. Both areas feature wonderful and inviting fireplaces. Enjoy delicious small plates inspired by the Southwest and extraordinary house crafted cocktails, including innovative margaritas & our very own M & B Sangria, or join us for dinner and experience Chef Kramers' regional cuisine inspired by the season. The Mustangs & Burros Culinary Team pride themselves on utilizing locally grown and sustainable ingredients in a fresh, unique and imaginative way.
Denver, Colorado
“Great nachos!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at Estancia de La Jolla, where this hotel is located, and ate there several times. Excelent fresh food.

1 Thank Mnree7

South Florida
“Elegant Ranch-style atmosphere, Upscale Mex-Ranch Cuisine”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We stayed at the resort, Estancia, where this restaurant is located and had the opportunity to dine here twice during our recent visit ti La Jolla. You have a choice of eating alfresco on their lovely patio or inside the cozy hacienda. The food is well prepared. Many of the dishes are slightly spicy, but not too overwhelming. During the weekdays, they add a page of lighter fare menu items which are also a little lighter on the wallet. Their mac and cheese is definately for adults! Delicious! But spicy!!!

1 Thank Lilyles46
Los Altos, CA
“The best in San Diego”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Tough reviewer here. I would give this 4.5 stars if I could, but I thought I'll go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt.

First let's start with the atmosphere. This is definitely 5 star. If you want to impress your date, I cannot think of a better place. Outdoor seating by the fireplace, great live music playing, wonderful setting.

Service is also top-notch. I was with small kids and they knew that they should bring out the kids' food with the appetizer. We always have to ask for that in other restaurants and they almost never do it. We didn't even have to tell that to our server.

It is more expensive than the popular diners, but not pricey for the quality of food. The food quality is tops; no fear to eat here. The preparation: excellent. My wife had a mushroom dish that was very creative. I had a flank steak that was done almost medium; it needed perhaps a minute more. It came with mac&cheese, which was very good, but could be great. The chicken nachos were the best I ever had. The children's food was excellent. Wine and beer list was limited, but I got a nice local ale.