“Good farmers market”

La Jolla Open Aire Market
Ranked #27 of 76 things to do in La Jolla
More attraction details
Owner description: The La Jolla Open Aire Market has cultivated the finest local farmers, artisans, and food vendors to make up one of the best and the biggest Farmers Market in San Diego. Each Sunday nearly 150 vendors participate in the La Jolla Open Aire Market providing shoppers with bountiful choices in fresh, locally grown produce, international food, and unique handcrafted arts and gifts. The La Jolla Open Aire Market is fun for the whole family, come picnic on the field, enjoy the weekly musicians, and participate in our family fun days! Located at the corner of Girard St. & Genter Ave., At the La Jolla Elementary School this market occurs every Sunday from 9am to 1pm, rain or shine. All market proceeds benefit the children of La Jolla Elementary School.
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is a good Sunday farmers market. Three is a good selection of fat fresh vegetables and fruits. There is also a lot of food stalls from different ethnic food, vegan, etc.It is quite popular and it can be hard to find a parking solace near by.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed visiting the market during our trip to LaJolla. The fruits and vegetables are very fresh. I especially loved a watermelon and jicama salad dressed with fresh lime juice. The other aspect of the market that we liked were the jewelry and craft stands. My son got a cool glass surf board momento of our vacation and I purchased a couple of unique silver bracelets. A must-do for us now when in LaJolla!

2  Thank Manfers
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Was in La Jolla on vacation and found this Farmers Market on Tripadvisor. I was incredibily surprised at the size of this market. If I lived in La Jolla, I would be here every Sunday morning to get my fruits and veggies for the week! A bunch of vendors set up as well that you can grab a bite and some coffee for breakfast while you are there. Part of the proceeds go to the elementary school which I also really loved.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife and I enjoyed the market last Sunday morning. The only royal challenge was to find parking. We ended up parking by the high school and walking a few blocks to get to the market. We loved the produce vendors. One produce vendor were offering pluots, a cross between a plum and an apricot. Those were so good. After tasting a sample, we purchased a few pounds. They were so good. We also found the green smoothie stand, the greek food all equally good. In fact, we stayed there an hour longer than I had planned. A fun activity to do in La Jolla. Just go early to get a good parking space.

3  Thank GrafvanKurt
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went here with our dog (who is allowed to walk about). This place is organized, well attended and huge. It has a great variety of home items, fresh food, a food court and your junk stalls. We bought so many vegetables and fruit, we're still eating them! Everything was so fresh and priced so inexpensively it was hard to resist. We also bought some herbs for $3 each to plant at home and they were huge and healthy.

if your a farmers market lover, this is the place for you. Get there early as it's only street parking and it gets crowded quickly.

3  Thank Lynda L