Loved the Grand Colonial. I was looking for a nice quiet place near the beach for a relaxing weekend. Upon arriving, I was upgraded to one of the mini-suites with an ocean view. The room was wonderful. The bathroom was a little small with only a pedestal sink, which meant I had to keep the toiletry bag separate from the sink but that was the only downside. The concrete walls that you'll only find in an older building more than made up for that, and insulated all sound from the hallway, even being right next to the elevator, which made for a peaceful night's sleep. The location was centrally located and with perfect walking distance to just about everything, from fantastic restaurants (I'd highly recommed The Cottage for breakfast, and The Public House for the best burger), to shopping. The only thing that wasn't within easy walking distance was La Jolla Shores where you'd rent sea kayaks, etc. This was important because I didn't rent a car this trip. The staff was first class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla