Beach within walking distance, sea view from the window of my room, awesome sunset from the comfort of my room, waking up to the sounds of gulls, waves and seals - unfortunately I have to wake up and drag my lazy body to the office every morning during my stay here! This is room 306 :)
This room is of a good size with a comfortabe, plushy king-size bed. The linens and towels used in the room is of very good quality. Good bathroom size that comes with bath tub. The only thing is I have no space to put all my toiletries in the bathroom. I usually like to put them in the bathroom. I did manage to find a little shelf space top of the toilet bowl 2 put them on Day 2. There's space for my yoga mat and yoga in the room. Lots of windows in this room (corner room) which I love! Lots of fresh air and natural light. I dont usually need a fridge in a hotel room. As I was planning for a picnic by the sea, I bought some fresh produce and realize that there wasn't a fridge in my room. Not a major no no here, as some of my friends' in other rooms have fridges though. All the rooms in this hotel have different configuration and facing - it's good to let them know your needs so they could find the best room for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla