Grande Colonial La Jolla
US$248
US$235
  • Breakfast included
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$348
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$142
  • Restaurant
US$170
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$140
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
US$413
US$374
Official Site
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$209
US$430
US$397
  • Pool
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$281
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$187
1,930 results
All reviewsvillage viewhistoric hoteljunior suitewalk in closetthe main hotelperfect locationpartial ocean viewchildren's poolvalet parkingstreet noiseprospect streetshops and restaurantswonderful hotelvalet serviceturn down servicebed was very comfortablesan diego
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Beach within walking distance, sea view from the window of my room, awesome sunset from the comfort of my room, waking up to the sounds of gulls, waves and seals - unfortunately I have to wake up and drag my lazy body to the office every morning during my stay here! This is room 306 :)
This room is of a good size with a comfortabe, plushy king-size bed. The linens and towels used in the room is of very good quality. Good bathroom size that comes with bath tub. The only thing is I have no space to put all my toiletries in the bathroom. I usually like to put them in the bathroom. I did manage to find a little shelf space top of the toilet bowl 2 put them on Day 2. There's space for my yoga mat and yoga in the room. Lots of windows in this room (corner room) which I love! Lots of fresh air and natural light. I dont usually need a fridge in a hotel room. As I was planning for a picnic by the sea, I bought some fresh produce and realize that there wasn't a fridge in my room. Not a major no no here, as some of my friends' in other rooms have fridges though. All the rooms in this hotel have different configuration and facing - it's good to let them know your needs so they could find the best room for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
GrandeColonial, General Manager at Grande Colonial La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Travellingsalesgirl:
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review. I appreciate your appreciation for the nature of our historic hotel in that each room is a little different in terms of size, layout and which direction it faces (ocean, La Jolla village or gardens). I am also happy you suggested to other travelers that they tell us their specific needs when making reservations. We have so many different room types (even suites with full kitchens and refrigerators) and are always able to customize reservations to those individual needs. Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you back from Singapore in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Poor service at the front desk. They couldn't even give us an estimate for when our room would be ready. We waited 4 hours for our room! Hotel itself is in a nice area and was nice, but the service ruined it for me!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Eschull16
GrandeColonial, General Manager at Grande Colonial La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Eschull16:
I am really sorry to hear that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide personalized, first-class service to each and every one of our guests from check-in to check-out and we certainly did not do that in your case. Our check-in time is 4 p.m. and you should have been informed of that at the time of reservation. For those guests who do arrive earlier than 4 p.m., our front desk staff will remind them of the check-in time and immediately begin communicating with our housekeeping team to have the room available as soon as possible. We do offer to store the guest's luggage, make recommendations for lunch or other local sightseeing and take a contact phone number where you can be reached once the room is ready for arrival. Again, I do apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. I hope it won’t keep you from visiting us again in the future. Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Tremendous makeover from when I stayed here years ago!! VERY comfortable. Very well-appointed. And, the B&B rate was a nice indulgence. Try the huevos rancheros. Only othe food we ordered was a dessert with lemon sorbet, strawberries and and elderflower jelly - incredible! Beds could be more comfortable, but that's our only beef. You have to see La Jolla and this is an excellent stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ann7316

Dear Ann. Happy to hear you enjoyed your return visit to the Grande Colonial. We are committed to constantly improving the facilities and amenities, while maintaining our historic charm. We are actually in the initial planning phases of our next rooms’ renovation, which will begin in 2014. So next time you visit, it will be even better. Thanks again. Terrence Underwood, General Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Grande Colonial. Had a lovely room with an ocean view (505), and the staff couldn't have been nicer. We also had dinner at their restaurant 910, which was also quite nice, but would recommend eating outdoors instead of indoors. Overall would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 505 is a corner room with ocean views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GrandeColonial, General Manager at Grande Colonial La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to the Grande Colonial. Room 505 is one of my favorite rooms and I'm so glad you had an opportunity to experience it and the near perfect weather we have been having here in La Jolla. I'm also glad you had the chance to dine at NINE-TEN. It's truly one of the region's culinary gems. Thanks again, Jim.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed over night at The Little Inn By the Sea. Loved the tiny kitchenette with complimentary treats. Extremely clean and nicely decorated room. Very quiet. My children loved the old fashioned elevator in the building. Steps from the Children's Pool with its very relaxed seals whom we visited first thing in the morning. Friendly Staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
GrandeColonial, General Manager at Grande Colonial La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Annie387:
Thank you for the review about your stay in our Little Hotel by the Sea wing. That building is truly a historic gem here in La Jolla. We converted those 8 suites from apartment rentals into extended-stay suites just a few years ago and they have been so well received, particularly by those visiting for longer periods of time or those traveling with children and needing a little more space. They are also a stone’s throw from the seals at the Children’s Pool, which is always a big attraction to our guests. Since you’re just “up the street” in Santa Monica, I hope you’ll return sooner than later.