We stayed 2 days at the Grande Colonial. The location is perfect for walking around La Jolla Village or down to the beach and along the seafront. The restaurant Nine Ten is pricey but highly recommended (we didn't eat there).
We had booked a view room with a king size bed through Travelocity, but were given a room with a queen bed instead. When we spoke to the staff, they advised that bookings through Travelocity do not guarantee a room type, as they had no king rooms available, they upgraded us to a junior suite with an ocean view. The hotel will price match any price you find that is lower, so I recommend always booking directly with the hotel.
Parking at the hotel is by valet, which costs about $10 per day which seems to be normal around many hotels in the area. I would definitely stay again and would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in La Jolla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla