I stayed in La Jolla at the Grande Colonial in one of there Junior Executive rooms. When I arrived I had to head back out quickly to get to rental car place, so I valet parked right out front. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. While waiting for the bellman I headed up to my room. I was very surprised to find my suite was at the bottom of a small staircase on the third floor. The hallways are very charming, old pictures of the coast and are from long ago. My room was small, but had all the necessary amenities. I was actually very comfortable. My only complaint was there was no view from my small window. I could gaze across the alley at a brick wall. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. The location is about a block away from the coast. Every morning I was able to walk down and listen to the surf and see the seals and birds frolicking in the water and along the cliffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla