My daughter and I recently stayed at The Grande Colonial. Our room was lovely. We had both a garden/pool view and a wonderful view of the ocean. We had a large comfortable chair in our room next to the windows. Every morning I would sit in that chair with the windows open, reading and listening to the ocean. Those mornings were the most relaxed I have been in many years. I truly appreciated the tranquility. Housekeeping was very thorough and helpful. My daughter lost her glasses while we were there and they pulled out the mattress to find them for her.
Kelly at the Front Desk was especially helpful. The valet service was excellent. Matt and Benny were quick, friendly and helpful. The restaurant was wonderful as well. I would highly recommend breakfast. While we were there the seasonal special was Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. They were delightful. I would also recommend the short rib hash for breakfast. I had it twice! It was delicious. Room service was quick and efficient.
The location is good. Short walking distance to beaches,other restaurants, galleries and shops. I-5 is easily accessed. We found The Grande Colonial to be a great "home base" for the many different locations we wanted to visit.
Bottom line. If you are in the area- stay at the The Grande Colonial. It may be a little more than I would like to pay for a hotel but you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla