We spent five wonderful nights at the Grand Colonial. The service was superb in the room, the front desk and in the restaurant. The front desk people are your travel guides providing driving tips, maps, and brochures. You also definitely want to add a breakfast package. The food is very good and the value is terrific~ full course plus plus breakfast for 2 is only $20. We got the valet parking option for our rental car. The car hops were fast and friendly! This cost us a little money but was worth it.
The room was suite-like spacious, clean, chalked full of amenities, including excellent morning coffee in the front desk area.. Every day we were also given on a complimentary basis 4 bottles of water 2 bags of chips, candy bars, and other treats. The hotel, which is in excellent shape and looks to have been newly remodeled, is located above LaJolla Cove. It has a beautiful view and is 5 minutes from the "seal beach" where you always see between 40-100 seals resting on the sand or enjoying the water.
Here is a tip. In October, we were able to beat the quoted price on the hotel website by looking at room options at Experian or other bulk marketers of rooms. The hotel gave us a better deal than the bulk marketers. Now we were there in October and there is no guarantee that you will get this rate in prime season.
If you asked us what is wrong with this place, I would not know what to say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla