I am finally getting around to a review (going on a year later). We stayed 2 nights here and 2 nights at the Hard Rock San Diego. I loved this hotel. The rooms had a vintage charm but I loved the subdued yet modern decor. The big bolster pillows were great! I loved the bathroom style/decor. The partial ocean view was fine for me. I didn't care for all the bird poop on the the building next to us but I just tried not to look at it. The ocean was gorgeous so that's what I focused on. The bed was so comfortable that we almost bought that exact model when shopping for a new mattress set a few months after our trip. The concierge gave us all the info on how to purchase but we actually went with a latex bed. I digress.
Service was impeccable. Everyone was sincere and friendly. We ate at Nine-Ten and I fell in love with the Lobster Risotto. Yes, the restaurant is expensive but worth it for the food. Front desk called us a car when we asked for a cab and we were very appreciative of that gesture. We felt very comfortable just chillicating in the lobby. Of course, great location. I really want to go back to San Diego and if I do, I will stay at the Grande Colonial La Jolla again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla