The Grande Colonial was an outstanding home for our four-day business conference with 25 guests from around the country. The scale of the hotel, meeting facilities (the Sun Room is a marvelous venue for a group our size - character aplenty without the sterile, windowless feel of most hotel meeting rooms) and private dining events were just right. The meeting facilities perfectly adjoin the hotels public spaces, guest rooms and adjacent (and marvelous) restaurant - the 910.
The hotel did a great job working with us to plan meals, refreshments, optional activities - and executed on the same with perfection.
Questions were answered quickly - needs were addressed immediately.
Rooms were clean, classy, many with outstanding views of the Pacific.
All of the amenities in La Jolla village were right outside the hotel's doorstep.
I simply cannot return to the Grande Colonial in La Jolla soon enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla