I stayed at The Grande Colonial over the thanksgiving holiday and really liked the location near the shopping and ocean. There are also a lot of nice restaurants that you can walk to. The room we had was an ocean view on a special rate booked online (go online for better packages!) and it had a nice view of the ocean even though there were some homes in the way. The bed was comfortable and there were nice amenities including soft bathrobes and they will bring you up anything you need pretty fast. I read online that valet parking was included and at checkout they presented the bill with valet parking on it for $22 per day!! I told the girl at checkout that I saw free valet online and she told me I was wrong and tried to explain the packages but she was just very confused and not making sense to us. I asked to speak to the manager and she seemed even more confused than the front desk girl! I mean, this is the manager right, shouldn't she know what the rates are? At this point, I would think that she would just waive the parking fee after all this trouble especially since we had stayed for three nights and spent plenty of money at their restaurant. She refused to waive the parking fees and had a pretty rude tone when speaking to me. It was like she didn't want to hear what I had to say -- and I tried to be very calm and complimentary to our stay overall. Since my last impression was so poor, I don't know if I'd want to stay there again, but it really was a nice hotel and there are many positives that make it a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the seaside Village of La Jolla, just 15 minutes north of downtown San Diego, the Four Diamond Grande Colonial offers classic European styling in the intimate setting of a boutique hotel. For more than a century, the Grande Colonial has been one of the most esteemed hotels in San Diego. But beyond the turn of the century architecture, our true hallmark is our warm, friendly staff and gracious service. We take pride in preserving the heritage laid down by our founders more than 100 years ago by providing the finest experience in first class accommodations. And just as those founders envisioned in 1913, the Grande Colonial remains today a classic hotel that rivals anything in the West. Commanding views of the California coastline, the Grande Colonial overlooks the shores of the Pacific Ocean and is ideally located just steps away from miles of beautiful beaches renowned to Southern California. Within walking distance are world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment and within a short drive are an abundance of golf, recreation and visitor attractions.The hotel features 93 air-conditioned, non-smoking guest rooms and suites (some with fully-equipped kitchens and fireplaces). With its ideal location, gracious service and environment of extraordinary comfort, the Grande Colonial hotel provides the ideal destination for travelers to La Jolla. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Colonial La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grande Colonial La Jolla Hotel La Jolla
- Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla